Anyone with LSA Audio?

CIMG5226.jpg

I took the above photo over the weekend. There's a new amp now. PM7001.

I've just come back from a piano recital given by Andreas Haefliger. Playing Liszt, Debussy and Beethoven. And the Beethoven was the Hammerklavier. And I tell you the LSAs sound so similar to what I heard in the recital hall (smallish for chamber music) sans the real life dynamics. Impressed again tonight. And the new amp is definitely is an improvement (and I can rarely tell much different between SS amps).

Where are the stands from, and how tall are they? Didn't care for the tubes after all?

I got the stands secondhand for cheap. They're about 50cm tall. Makes the tweeters pretty much level with my ears.

I still dig tubes man. It's just that until I can afford a very good quality/looking one I thought I might save up the fund (which went to the LSA speakers though). But the new amp sounds really good compared to the older one (which is a newer edition in fact).

CIMG5226.jpg

I took the above photo over the weekend. There's a new amp now. PM7001.

I've just come back from a piano recital given by Andreas Haefliger. Playing Liszt, Debussy and Beethoven. And the Beethoven was the Hammerklavier. And I tell you the LSAs sound so similar to what I heard in the recital hall (smallish for chamber music) sans the real life dynamics. Impressed again tonight. And the new amp is definitely is an improvement (and I can rarely tell much different between SS amps).

Every time I see those LSA1 Statements makes me wish I had gone ahead and taken a bite of that old bullet and just bought them instead of the .5s. Don't get me wrong the .5s are doing the job intended very, very nicely but those Statements and their ribbon tweeter are just so nice. I see the stands you got and they look fine with the statements. Did you notice any differences after mounting them verus how you had them before? I will be picking my new stands up probably on Wed or Thurs. as they had to be ordered from Nashville by the dealer as he had just sold his last pair when I called him. I had my .5s sitting atop a dead set of black Yammy towers that my son uses and they looked so bad there I took them off and quit using them till the stands arrive. Those black towers threw the whole room off and stuck out like a sore thumb. Nice integrated Marantz amp you bought. I am using an older HK receiver with mine currently but will be changing over to using a much older HK Citation 12 amp (dual power supplies and a very clean 60 wpc) with them shortly. I need however to find a nice quality pre to use with it so until I do, the receiver is doing the honors................

I envy you with those Statements. Sounds like you are really enjoying them and are pleased with them as to how they sound and perform. And that's what it's all about...................

Regards, Terry:thmbsp::music:

Last edited:
Yo......David........Mate!!!

Just to let you know that yesterday the LSA stands arrived and I now have them set up with the .5s and boy do they look great together. I tried them first with the small tube up front and the rounded end of the bottom piece facing forward. Looked fine but "something" just didn't work so I reversed the stands and faced them with the flat end facing forward as they are shown in most ads and pics, etc. That did it, they look super great now and that's how they will stay. Haven't noticed a huge difference in the sound as yet other than possibly a tad more open overall. The .5s are working superbly with the EPOS LS-10 sub I bought with them. I about have them dialed in now and the blending between the two is spot on to my ears. This has worked out to the perfect combo for the room they're in and I am a very happy camper at the moment. I will be happier still when the day arrives that I bring home that two pairs of LSA2 Statements and give them a go.....................

Hope all is well with you down there.............. Regards, Terry:thmbsp::music:

That's a great news and thanks for letting me know.
Would love to see some pics but ah well I can stay patient :D
Today being a girlfriend's day I listened to smaller scale music mostly which means the LSA were being used most of time.
Mating them with a quality sub like your Epos would be fantastic.
Hope you get the LSA2 soon so I can get jealous.

LSA Speakers...

I've recently got myself LSA1 Statement speakers.

Not being as well known as ProAc, Harbeth, Dynaudio etc I see not many people seem to have had exposure to the LSA gears (they also make amps). Or at lease they rarely get mentioned. But hey Americans they're-a-American brand!

Wonder if anyone had exposure to them?

I've know about LSA Audio for at least 8 years... I work in IT monitoring networks and bringing them back up and fixing them...so I have a lots of time browsing , being around machines all day. And before moving to the mid west I lived on the east coast where there is plenty of audio shops. So I've been exposed to a lot of stuff over the years. I've never heard them though...and I've seen those big beefy amps.....I bet they rock!

Before I purchased the Cantons, Cantons ,the LSA1, Monitor audio, Usher and Spendor where at the top. In the last years I've listen to Devore, Kudo's, Totem, Dynaudio, Harbeth, Revel, JBL 1400 Array, JBL ES90s and a host of others. None of the speakers I've heard in my life time have I heard the perfect speaker, including my Cantons....but there are tons of good speaker. We just have to find the ones that makes us move inside, and thats what I did when I picked mine. Your speakers where in my finals unheard. from reading the few reviews I could find online I thought they where that good. I do remember reading an online shootout with your speakers and the same magazine said the Stand mounts where able to do things a little better than the floor models. But my heart was with Canton as I was an owner of a set before this purchase. I believe you made an excellent choice.

Thanks slippers for the contribution. I got these speakers mainly for chamber music and low-quality orchestral recordings. They do a great job indeed. I'm still discovering their potential really. Nothing like new speakers! :D

I'm thread digging and came up on this one... I've found a pair of 'prototype' LSA2's for sale at an unbelievable price. How would I verify that these speakers are authentic?

Thanks

3_zpsbf2cb675.jpg

1_zps88da4851.jpg

4_zps61fdf7dc.jpg

2_zps104dda85.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thread digging and came up on this one... I've found a pair of 'prototype' LSA2's for sale at an unbelievable price. How would I verify that these speakers are authentic?

Thanks

Looks like the original woofers and tweeter. The LSA Standard 2's were sourced but not identical to the Mobile Fidelity OML2's and the VonSchweikert VR2's.

07-29-07: Audiooracle

They are basically very similar to the LSA monitors I sell, and the Von Schweikert VR 1. They are all made in the same factory and differ in crossover and cabinet selections.

All of these speakers share some similar traits, good bass, a very rich and clean midrange, and a smooth treble with a big soundstage.

This is from Audiogon and a discussion of the OML1's but would also pertain to the 2's.

Here are three from the same factory. The LSA2's you show are slightly different from current models but they are using the same drivers.

The first is the LSA2's, next the VonSchweikert VR2's and lastly the Mobile Fidelity OML2's. All good speakers.

Attachments

• untitled lsa2.png
    untitled lsa2.png
    51 KB · Views: 17
  • th VR2.jpg
    th VR2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 13
  • thJ2J6JEX8 oml2.jpg
    thJ2J6JEX8 oml2.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 14
Moot at this point. Called 1 day after they were posted, and guy had already sold them.

Looking at a set of Cerwin Vega 317p's and a set of Infinity 5's now.

I gather there is a big jump between quality of the LSA's and these two, but the LSA's were listed as a steal in the same price range as these other 2 sets.

Moot at this point. Called 1 day after they were posted, and guy had already sold them.

Looking at a set of Cerwin Vega 317p's and a set of Infinity 5's now.

I gather there is a big jump between quality of the LSA's and these two, but the LSA's were listed as a steal in the same price range as these other 2 sets.

You might want to check out the other brands using the same drivers I listed. The MoFi OML2's are designed to have good bass but the trade off is low efficiency. If you liked the sound of the LSA's I do not think you would be pleased with CV's.

I don't think you understand...

A) I never heard them because they sold
B) The only reason I was looking at them is because were they priced the same as the CV's
C) I understood beforehand that they were a significantly better speaker... I just wanted to know how to verify that they were infact legit and I wasn't dropping $250 on a dolled up pair of $100 white van speakers.

I appreciate your input, I really do, but I'm not in a place where I can drop 2 grand on a pair of speakers.... Now if you have an intercooled blower that will fit a 5.3 ls, then we need to hook up.:yes:

PullQuote_130102_Money_Wants_vs_Priorities-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you understand...

A) I never heard them because they sold
I appreciate your input, I really do, but I'm not in a place where I can drop 2 grand on a pair of speakers....

Missed it that you had not heard them. The two other speakers are no longer in production and since you were shopping used I thought you could check them out for a similar sound again not knowing that you had not heard them.

I just saw an ad saying that the LSA are now factory direct at less than half the previous price.
Any interest in these any more?

LSA 1 Statements

Kevin:
I finally got to listen to a pair of LSA 1 Statements at the Toronto AV Show last November. Unfortunately the speakers were set up in the corner of a very large vendor room, so I couldn't really get an idea from that demo. I'd love to hear a pair in a reasonable setting.

I bought two pairs of the Nola Boxers (one pair from Walt - HI Walt!) and really like these speakers. But I still want to listen to the LSA 1 Statements at some point…

I have bought gear from Underwood Wally before and was very happy with the stuff and his customer service. I believe he has the remainder of the LSA gear that is available.
Mike

It would seem that a big price cut would increase popularity but if no one knows them, then maybe dealerships would be better than the new online direct plan.

Back
Top Bottom