Anyone with LSA Audio?

davidro

Lunatic Member
I've recently got myself LSA1 Statement speakers.

Not being as well known as ProAc, Harbeth, Dynaudio etc I see not many people seem to have had exposure to the LSA gears (they also make amps). Or at lease they rarely get mentioned. But hey Americans they're-a-American brand!

Wonder if anyone had exposure to them?

The LSA1 Statement's were on my short list when I was looking for new speakers as of late. Unfortunately, I was unable to audition them. I read some great reviews on them, though. Beautiful looking speaker.

I've recently got myself LSA1 Statement speakers.

Not being as well known as ProAc, Harbeth, Dynaudio etc I see not many people seem to have had exposure to the LSA gears (they also make amps). Or at lease they rarely get mentioned. But hey Americans they're-a-American brand!

Wonder if anyone had exposure to them?

I buy British if I can help it :smoke:.

I'll definitely upload some pics. I'd like to do that when I get some speaker stands though. Right now they're sitting on my ARs. I suspect making them sit on stands might also improve the sound too.

Bi-wiring

f0018137_4f9b65499f370.jpg

My first crack at bi-wiring. I'm one of those people who think playing with cables is a bit of hocus-focus. Having said that somehow my cables aren't lamp cords. They're Tara Labs and QED. I was using Tara Labs for the LSA and there was a pair of QED I wasn't using (about twice thicker too). Nothing to lose and it's part of audio fun. So I went ahead and did my first bi-wiring.

Maybe I'm hearing things but I feel as though the sound has become more transparent and the dynamic has improved. I feel the bass improved most.

Last edited:
Listening to The King of Bass (Gary Karr, Daniel Marillier, Kiyoto Fujiwara). The 6.5" speakers shouldn't hit the low like this! Impressive!

Hey Now,

One of the principle designers live in Louisville, KY and had his personal speakers up for sale. Went and auditioned the Statements at a store and really enjoyed them. They sounded terrific with the ribbon tweeter. I think the advert was on Agon and local CL. I see Louisville, KY under the serial number. I didn't know they were made here.

Sure would like a pair :yes: enjoy them, they sure are purdy.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

I've had my Statement monitors a few months now. They do prefer bi-wire, bi-amped is even better. The speaker just seems to open up and envelop the entire room. A huge sondstage, but instruments are easily located and identified. Voices sing to you, not at you. The first speakers I've ever had that even after months of listening, I catch myself lost in the music. A small bookshelf speaker shouldn't sound this big.

They prefer to be about 2 feet from the rear wall and away from corners. The bass will go flat if too close to the wall and boomy if too close to the corner.

All in all, I love 'em. My speaker search has ended and all my others will be sold. I'm saving my pennies for the stands.

davidro,

The LSA Standard is about the only non McIntosh or Bryston amp in recent memory I liked well enough to want to own. I love it's best of tube and best of SS character. And I love it driving LSA speakers.

Hey Now,

One of the principle designers live in Louisville, KY and had his personal speakers up for sale. Went and auditioned the Statements at a store and really enjoyed them. They sounded terrific with the ribbon tweeter. I think the advert was on Agon and local CL. I see Louisville, KY under the serial number. I didn't know they were made here.

Sure would like a pair :yes: enjoy them, they sure are purdy.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

V good speakers yes. I am enjoying this pair a lot and I think there's even more potential with good speaker stands, perhaps bi-amping and even some cable playing!

I've had my Statement monitors a few months now. They do prefer bi-wire, bi-amped is even better. The speaker just seems to open up and envelop the entire room. A huge sondstage, but instruments are easily located and identified. Voices sing to you, not at you. The first speakers I've ever had that even after months of listening, I catch myself lost in the music. A small bookshelf speaker shouldn't sound this big.

I agree. These speakers are a bit of freak when it comes to sound stage. They're not speakers with 12-15" woofers after all but I feel they come close to small floorstanders.

They prefer to be about 2 feet from the rear wall and away from corners. The bass will go flat if too close to the wall and boomy if too close to the corner.

I always keep my speakers off the wall and corners. Why waste the potential eh?

All in all, I love 'em. My speaker search has ended and all my others will be sold. I'm saving my pennies for the stands.

Yeah I'm debating whether to just get some el-cheapo stands or save up to buy some quality ones. The LSA stands would be awesome if available!

davidro,

The LSA Standard is about the only non McIntosh or Bryston amp in recent memory I liked well enough to want to own. I love it's best of tube and best of SS character. And I love it driving LSA speakers.

Thanks for the insight. I'd really love have one myself.

Yeah I'm debating whether to just get some el-cheapo stands or save up to buy some quality ones. The LSA stands would be awesome if available!

I don't know what you consider cheap or not, but the Skylan stands really seemed to improve the performance of my standmounts. It is worth looking into.

I don't know what you consider cheap or not, but the Skylan stands really seemed to improve the performance of my standmounts. It is worth looking into.

They would come under 'not-cheap' category in my book but I'm sure they'd be great with the LSA (and I love the look of those stands). What makes it worse is that people seem to import them directly from overseas here, which makes the stands even more expensive to get.

They would come under 'not-cheap' category in my book but I'm sure they'd be great with the LSA (and I love the look of those stands). What makes it worse is that people seem to import them directly from overseas here, which makes the stands even more expensive to get.

I forgot that you lived in the land down under. Shipping has to be a bitch.

I forgot that you lived in the land down under. Shipping has to be a bitch.

Especially for items such as heavy speaker stands!

Listening to a vinyl record of Bach's Brandenburg Concerto (Marriner) through the LSA now.
The pinpoint imaging and the ample staging are so appropriate for this music.
And there's this tone that makes these speakers such darling.

Back
Top Bottom