Line Magnetic Amps

Art K.

The Voodoo You Do!
883298_596914543737272_878793616981715975_o.jpg

Just sayin':thmbsp:

Still waiting for my DAC - the Gold colour is the hang-up. Arrgh.

I want to hear the dedicated 300B - model 210IA. No discussion at all on that one.

I actually found this thread searching AK for 'line magnetic'. I noticed there doesn't seem to be many threads about them. Compared to other modern brands, I actually can't find much info at all...

Is it a new company or something? Do folks not like them(their looks, sound, build, etc?).
What's the story on them?

There are a few threads here on Modern Day hi-fi - scroll down the page.

They are a Korean company based in China that used to be in the Western Electric restoration business (may still be) and have have two sides of the operation and two plants. One side makes the "classic" series which is basically Western Electric remakes and the newer side which is the silver/gold products which are their own designs.They've only been in the US a couple of years but have been doing OEM work for other brands such as the more well known brand Triode Co out of Japan. http://www.triode.co.jp/index_eng.html

I have to head to work so you will have to read some other posts for more detailed info. Google is your friend.:banana:

Really Art? Which one are you dreaming about???

They are super pretty to look at. Got to be some of the best looking tube gear out there.

There are a few threads here on Modern Day hi-fi - scroll down the page.

They are a Korean company based in China that used to be in the Western Electric restoration business (may still be) and have have two sides of the operation and two plants. One side makes the "classic" series which is basically Western Electric remakes and the newer side which is the silver/gold products which are their own designs.They've only been in the US a couple of years but have been doing OEM work for other brands such as the more well known brand Triode Co out of Japan. http://www.triode.co.jp/index_eng.html

I have to head to work so you will have to read some other posts for more detailed info. Google is your friend.:banana:
Your right, I shoud've been more clear- I can't find much info/reviews on the amps & preamps, only talk seems to be about the 211/216/218/219 integrateds.

*tbh if I get a LM it'll most likely be an integrated, but... I'm just so in awe of the amps- the 805, LM-1, 41.2, etc- I'd absolutely love to read some reviews & impressions and thoughts from anyone who's seen & heard them in person. I don't think I've been so smitten by a piece of audio gear like when I fist saw the 805. Love at first sight :D

I want to hear the dedicated 300B - model 210IA. No discussion at all on that one.
Me too. Haven't seen any mention of it in any of the LM threads here.
From what I can see- it looks like that's it in the middle rear?
RGA(or anyone else)- do you know the price on that one?

Really Art? Which one are you dreaming about???

They are super pretty to look at. Got to be some of the best looking tube gear out there.

I think Art is auditioning a Leben CS600 sometime soon.

Let's not bombard him.

Take your time Art.

:yes:

After gazing upon the glory that is the Leben CS600 I can say with confidence that if I had the money I would buy it sound unheard...right now!!!

After gazing upon the glory that is the Leben CS600 I can say with confidence that if I had the money I would buy it sound unheard...right now!!!

Yeah, the Leben stuff looks great. The Line Magnetic gear reminds me a little too much of the stuff I worked on the the Navy. :D

Back
Top Bottom