Not sobbing quite so much now

shadco

BT Addict

You may remember the sad story of my HW19 damaged in shipping by an ebay seller.

I've been going over it with a fine tooth comb, a little Howard's restore a finish here a little feed n wax there, some lighter fluid, warm soapy water, a trip to the HW store for some threaded inserts and...

Thank god the finish on the plinth is lacquer it cleans up real nice, it's a nice flamey walnut instead of the oak I thought was standard.

Sturgus is coming thru with a replacement cover, MX117.MC7150 has a new Jelco arm with wiring harness that he cut me a deal on.

It won't be long now, I need to decide on a cart.

Before

155187562.jpg

Now

155303153.jpg

155303129.jpg

155303102.jpg

Ps still waiting on the arm base which should show Monday.

A very beautiful, very nice VPI. I like the Jelco tonearms a lot. This is a favorite tonearm of mine for it's reliable, versatile, and well engineered ergonomics and build quality. It's an excellent performing tonearm.

Wow - what a beautiful plinth - certainly a nice looking table!

A very beautiful, very nice VPI. I like the Jelco tonearms a lot. This is a favorite tonearm of mine for it's reliable, versatile, and well engineered ergonomics and build quality. It's an excellent performing tonearm.

I have to agree. When my AR tonearm arrived damaged, I got a Jelco 250SA that Marc installed while repairing the turntable. He believes the SA is better than the ST (straight) arm. If you're looking for a new tonearm, I would definitely recommend a Jelco. :music:

Congrats on getting the table up and running, the VPI 19 series sure represents a good value on the used market. Looks like you put a Denon cartridge on there of some sort. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, lots of good sound from those VPI.

Regards
Mister Pig

Congrats on getting the table up and running, the VPI 19 series sure represents a good value on the used market. Looks like you put a Denon cartridge on there of some sort. Glad to hear you are enjoying it, lots of good sound from those VPI.

Regards
Mister Pig

301mkII

Running my new copy of Second Winter thru it now. What a great pressing.

Certainly isn't lacking bass. Nice soundstage too.

Morning phase ontap.

Very nice!

I missed the thread where this was damaged. Sorry that it happened.

However, looks like you resurrected this table back to it's former glory.

The HW19s are lovely tables- is this a MK II or perhaps MK III model?

I have had a chance to snag a III/IV before and often regret not doing it but it went to an acquaintance who is thrilled with it, which makes me happy.

Yours arrived in somewhat better cdx than mine but I was able to deal with it.
Is the seller still comp'ing for the damaged DC?

Back
Top Bottom