Esl 1000 tonearm

maciek

Hello again,had anybody replaced rubber damping in this tonearm that connects counterweight with arm wand,what type of material for it thanks

Will be hard to find, the rubber damping for the old Ortofon tonearms will work here. Ortofon made this tonearm. One thing to know, this tonearm uses only EMT/ESL/Neumann mount headshells. Does not take Ortofon/SME/JIS type headshells.

Re

Thanks for reply,I have original headshell,need to replace the rubber part thou,I read the thread about using gasoline tubing as reaplacement,hard to tell how to start with it

I replaced it with some sort of red rubber tubing, probably the fuel line tubing you've heard about. Pretty sure it was something I got from a recommendation here. It was pretty simple -- cut a piece and shove it in on the tubing on either side.

It all comes down to clearance, the Ortofon and SME vintage arms I have worked on
have a metal rod that the rubber slides over then into both ends of the arm tubes.

For a successful mating you need to be able to insert both parts, tube and metal rod into the arm yet be tight enough to not rotate once in place.

Cooling the rubber/pin and or gently heating the tube prior to insertion and using a lubricant that will dissipate will be of help.

Will be hard to find, the rubber damping for the old Ortofon tonearms will work here. Ortofon made this tonearm. One thing to know, this tonearm uses only EMT/ESL/Neumann mount headshells. Does not take Ortofon/SME/JIS type headshells.

I have an ESL S2000 tone arm without a head shell. Followed the ESL price on Ebay, and not found one I felt was worth the money asked.

Is there a cost effective head shell that will fit these without modifying the arm?

Regards
Mister Pig

Re

Thanks for all advice,is there any rubber tubing available of the shelf anywhere that would suite the project?,what should be exact dimensions,thanks

Removal

Also any hints on removing old rubber would be appreciated,just start scraping it off?well

Back
Top Bottom