Pictures from the bench

This might sound nuts and I have a hard tine believing it myself, but my brother was telling about a machine that can be bought at Home Depot where you can just drop whatever you want made into this thing and it scans all the dimensions and spits out a plastic copy. I will see if I can find out more about it.

Patrice

Do you have a MC2155 meter case to take a laser scan of?

These cases are beyond hope, I could pull apart a MC2125 I have around but if you have one........

Hello Chris

I have to check .

Will let you know soon :thmbsp:

I saw that sometime ...I think you are listen at very high level ..Don't you ?
I think the the trouble is coming from the transformer itself . Can you confirm that all the 6 lamps are lightning following the bass from the audio signal ?
The winding for lamp power supply is not right placed when the transformer was manufactured ...
In my point of view the best way to cancel this is to build a power transformer in another way that it was produced in 1976 ...38 years ago ...:scratch2:

Only on extremely rare occasions do I "crank" it like that - like maybe once or twice a year - so it's hardly ever an issue.

If it's just a design "flaw", I can live with it.

Thanks, Eric

How much does your line voltage sag when the lights dim?

I had a chance to talk to my backdoor neighbor at Muve3D. He sells 3d printer kits, so is quite familiar with the whole process. The key will be the quality of the scan or it will need to be drawn. He has the correct resin printers to do the best copy......

I'm surprised the two clips survived. Long term heat on the plastic will cause them to break by just looking at them.
Correct. Mine are basically eggshells with lights in them.

My shop back door neighbor has a company that sells 3D printer kits, has a few commercial printers himself that he uses to make parts for the kits. Think I will have to have him take a look...
Hmmm...never actually thought of that. Would be nice to source a new set or two.

My shop back door neighbor has a company that sells 3D printer kits, has a few comercial printers himself that he uses to make parts for the kits. Think I will have to have him take a look......

Hmmm....wondering if someone out there could print Mc2300 rails?.......:smoke:

You just have to keep looking . . . someone sold three of those on eBay fairly recently for like $75. If I had seen that, I'd of bought them myself!

Patrice

Do you have a MC2155 meter case to take a laser scan of?

These cases are beyond hope, I could pull apart a MC2125 I have around but if you have one........

Hi Chris

Probably more than 1 . I am working on this as I 've said in my previous answer . Will let you know as fast as possible :thmbsp:

The MC2100 is now happy, new heat sink mounts installed and replaced the + supply voltage wires which had melted insulation.

The PS supply had to be making a racket while trying to drive the shorted heatsink,as it made contact with the chassis, but did not blow the fuse.

Meters from mc2155, to use inMc2125 are non the road. After I take them apart i will need to get them scanned or drawn into a CAD program a 3d printer can use.

Patrice, do you use the mc2155 movement with the mc2125 meter face, or do you reinstall the mc2125 movement?

One of the new meters was damaged when I received it. Brian came thru and got a replacement on the road. The rebuild process begins.....

I doubt if any tube amp would have survived even one of the many tumbles the MC2100 has received during it's many years as part of a band's road system.

Attachments

• Meter parts.jpg
    Meter parts.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 32
  • meter faces.jpg
    meter faces.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom