Chipotle Speaker ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, except for the woofer, a Cornwall is "Heresy components in a Cornwall-sized box".

Given the default acoustic environment of a Chipotles -- kind of a "lively" acoustic space :p -- a pair of Heresys in a Chipotles would probably violate the Geneva Convention.

They did sound pretty bad, but that could be a for lot of reasons.
But I still love me a chicken burrito.

I saw those at a Chipotle as well and thought "well lookie there...how about that" and then I heard them and thought "what an epic fail". The old Technics tower speakers suspended with tie down straps at a nearby Harbor Freight sound a hell of a lot better and the acoustics of the two environments are about the same. Hell, the speakers in my shop sound a hell of lot better and the acoustics are gymnasium crappy.

pu2e7u7y.jpg

Last edited:
Heck, except for the woofer, a Cornwall is "Heresy components in a Cornwall-sized box".

Given the default acoustic environment of a Chipotles -- kind of a "lively" acoustic space :p -- a pair of Heresys in a Chipotles would probably violate the Geneva Convention.

Well, true...but the tweeter and mid-horn look smaller in the larger box. ;)

Doesn't Chipotle know about the Econo-wave? What's the matter with them?! (lol)

If those drivers are decent and the speakers have a good cross-over, there is no reason they shouldn't sound very good! Is a consistently crappy feed signal the real issue here?

Damn. I must be the only person in the thread who likes chipotle. Have also noticed what appear to be Heresy's at my chipotle, and Mirage speakers at the one I go to when visiting my friends in Willow Grove.

Sent from my ZTE Olympia

I prefer Qdoba for my cheap, decent tex-mex fix (with a nod to Joe's, who just moved to town), but I won't turn down Chipotle. Just had one of their burritos last night. :)

I prefer Qdoba for my cheap, decent tex-mex fix (with a nod to Joe's, who just moved to town), but I won't turn down Chipotle. Just had one of their burritos last night. :)

Around here the alternative is California tortilla. G/f prefers going their but I don't like the seasoning on their meat.

Sent from my ZTE Olympia

Around here the alternative is California tortilla. G/f prefers going their but I don't like the seasoning on their meat.

Don't you have Mexican neighborhoods in Philadelphia? In Chicago there are so many Mexicans (and some Mexican neighborhoods that date back to the mid 20th Century) that you can find good Mexican chow throughout the city and burbs.

My favorite is the Mexico Steak House in the Bridgeport neighborhood on the South Side. But even the North Side, where you have trouble getting a good pizza or beef, has excellent Mexican joints. And some great Polish joints too, but that's another story. ;)

Don't you have Mexican neighborhoods in Philadelphia? In Chicago there are so many Mexicans (and some Mexican neighborhoods that date back to the mid 20th Century) that you can find good Mexican chow throughout the city and burbs.

My favorite is the Mexico Steak House in the Bridgeport neighborhood on the South Side. But even the North Side, where you have trouble getting a good pizza or beef, has excellent Mexican joints. And some great Polish joints too, but that's another story. ;)

I live in the suburbs :'( The suburbs are very brand-name-everything if that makes sense.

Sent from my ZTE Olympia

I live in the suburbs :'( The suburbs are very brand-name-everything if that makes sense.

Well I haven't run into any good Mexican joints in St. Augustine either, but the fish and shrimp are so good it makes up for it. When I go up to Chicago at Christmas to see my kids I'll take care of my Mexican and Polish fixes. And my cracker thin crust, cut in squares pizza fix.

In most urban centers in the continental USA, the majority of the kitchen staff in most restaurants is mexican. If Tony Bourdain is to believed, and he spent long enough in kitchens to know, an unusual preponderance of these mexicans are from Puebla.

In one of his books he said he always had a pueblan with good english skills as a sous chef, because a gringo calling up the phone number of a mexican line cook to find out if he can take a shift on thursday is likely to get blown off.

Half of the asian restaurants in this town have mexican cooks.

Some immigrant latinos in southern california learn korean or mandarin as their 2nd language because they want to work for asian immigrants.

My chinese friend, Chuck (his name isn't really chuck), tells me that chinese business owners in america are pretty sure that mexicans work harder for less than chinese workers. As an aside, I find that continental chinese are shockingly and weirdly racist and nationalist. But that's another whole thread.

Anyhow. We don't have Chipotle in Utah. I've been to one in downtown Seattle and rated it "Better than taco bell" but nothing to write home about. And my friends from the Phoenix metro area talk smack about what passes for mexican food in Utah.

But my guess is that the Chipotle speakers are just a vented baffle w/ no waveguide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom