Xrt 18

dgiff

Well it was inevitable ,the surrounds are deteriorating on my mids and woofers.
Time for some maintenance . Should I send the drivers to a Mc dealer or Millersound to be refoamed? While things are dismantled should I replace any caps in xover??

I didn't notice any deficiencies when listening, just noticed the foam looking grainy when switching out speakers . With winter coming I spend more time inside listening. Not sure on service turn around so want to contact and ship soon.

Any trusted outfit that specializes in this type of repair should suffice - it seems like a pretty straightforward job.

If in doubt, I would first consult them to see if this particular driver poses any special problems.

*I've always wanted to hear one of Roger Russell's Line Array loudspeakers.

- it seems like a pretty straightforward job. Good to hear said:
I enjoy them greatly ! Keepers for sure! The only issue I have is my listen room is on the small side for them . Would love to hear them In a room with high ceilings and more sq footage.

I sold a set of Martin Logans about 5 years ago. The buyers were a couple little Japanese guys, real nice fellows. They were driving all around the midwest picking up high end speakers and had the thing PACKED with stuff. It was almost like watching a real life Laurel & Hardy show seeing these guys trying to figure out how to stuff the ML's into their van as they try something then start arguing in broken English then as the argument would flare up they would switch to total Japanese. They'd stop, pause then figure something out then the whole thing would happen again.

During one of the 5 or 6 times they unloaded the van they pulled out a set of XRT 18's and were talking about how they were some of the best speakers they had ever heard. If they had more time, they would have hooked them up in my living roon. THAT would have been a real treat...

You want poly ethylene surrounds rather than the original polyurethane type. They won't deteriorate. Get on Roger's web site and ask him about re foaming your speakers or call Ryan at AC. I use to refoam Mac speakers at work in my spare time. It an easy process, with practice and a developed skill.

Back
Top Bottom