Can anyone identify these speakers

Azalicia

The husband saw these today, heard them,:music: and well, we bought them. We can't take them apart because the glue is strong. he doesn't want to mess the cabinet s up to pull the woofer and see what these are. I took some not so hot pics. No markings other than on grill. But hopefully, someone here can help? :D Thanks in advance!
Alicia & Gerard

DSC04982_zps77d880a4.jpg

DSC04983_zps3bad8f4f.jpg

DSC04987_zps935fdc0b.jpg

DSC04990_zpsa5186b98.jpg

DSC04984_zps509a7373.jpg

DSC04986_zpsb4c82669.jpg

DSC04988_zps76ce239d.jpg

DSC04985_zps075e8f3a.jpg

DSC04987_zps935fdc0b.jpg

Most do it yourselfers, I think, would use quick connectors. All of these drivers are well soldered... :/ Stumped.

They're a commercial product. I don't remember the brand, but the logo has shown up here before, with the same question asked. Somebody will have the answer.

HI & thy for the welcome & reply!:D
hor
::puts down screwdriver::::D

Took the screws out of woofer, gently tried to pry, without messing up the mdf board surrounding it. Then tried the dome tweeter, both of these were very securely siliconed in. Then, the horn was easily removed, can get my fingers on back of woofer cage but can't push hard enough to free up. I can see the wires are soldered well enough to the woofers and horns.

Right on, woman. You know the lingo. Check out the link I added to my last post. Scary things can be lurking inside there.

Don't dismantle them just yet. The other guys will be able to tell what they are...they knew about those speakers last time. I can't do a search, because I don't remember the brand.

I do believe there is a thread dedicated to this exact model. I may be having a deja vu experience, though.

I'm signing off for the night.

We are signing off, too. Thanks and have a great night. Read more threads tomorrowand share more about us too speaker likes :D

I too remember that logo from another thread here. Certainly within the last year - maybe 6 months ago?

For some reason I'm getting an Ohio-Pennsylvania-west New York vibe, as if that's the region the speakers are from, or where the members who identified them are from.

Philips tweeters / typical mid/late 70's piezo tweeters/ Mid looks less familiar ....woofers look like late 70's (white was all the rage) ...but usually they would be acoustic suspension with foam surrounds for that era
Logo looks early Mirage-ish

Your speakers look familiar to me too. but I have no idea what they might be. If the are an east coast product I'm guessing Mhardy might know what they are. Hopefully he'll chime in.

cubdog

Crop that logo pic so it's just the logo and try doing a Google image search. You might get lucky.

Given the age these might need new capacitors to sound their best, but a 4-way with 6 drivers and piezo tweeters is...risky. :D

I would guess some kind of house brand from a company called S**** Stereo or maybe S****'s Stereo... That sort of thing (like maybe Sammy's Stereo or Scranton Stereo... Whatever).

At first I thought they were Radio Shack/Realistic (They made some damn-fine larger speakers like that), but then I saw the Philips tweeters. Those are really-nice BTW. Philips makes smooth-sounding tweets.

At first I thought they were Radio Shack/Realistic (They made some damn-fine larger speakers like that), but then I saw the Philips tweeters. Those are really-nice BTW. Philips makes smooth-sounding tweets.

Kinda makes you wonder why they thought they needed those piezos.

I too remember that logo from another thread here. Certainly within the last year - maybe 6 months ago?

For some reason I'm getting an Ohio-Pennsylvania-west New York vibe, as if that's the region the speakers are from, or where the members who identified them are from.

Exactly....within the last year. We were joking about the logo. The new owners really like the sound from the speakers, and then somebody came along and made the ID.

(bump)

Back
Top Bottom