DSP-1 battery replacement

vfr800fiman

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So I finally decided to replace the battery in my DSP-1 since I've been getting the "Battery low" message for the last ten years it's been in storage.
I found the battery on the PCB, a CR2030 common coin cell. The issue is that it's got two legs welded onto each side that gets soldered to the board. I de-soldered the battery since it was leaking anyway.
My question is, is this a standard package or do I have to buy a Yamaha spare part?

Anyone ever done this before?
Thank you.
Glenn

Well, I decided to add a coin cell battery holder instead of soldering in a battery. I may have to change it after another 30 years :)

Anyway, I put a new battery in the holder, power it on, and...
BATTERY LOW message still!
I measured the traces on the board, and I'm getting 3.04v.
I'm really stumped here, maybe something else failed along with the battery?

Anyone here still using their DSP-1?
Glenn

No loss of memory once removed?
Or at least only user set sound fields?
interesting, good to know.

mine is from what, '89?'90? somewhere around there, so 20 years old?
wow. I'd better check for leakage.

It looks to be only the user set sound fields that get lost.
I've been meaning to get to replacing the battery for a long time. Good thing I checked because it was leaking.
Apparently replacing the battery didn't fix the low battery message, but at least it's not leaking goo all over the PCB.

Glenn

Hello!

Sorry to get into the discussion 2 years late... :) ... but alas...

After you have changed the battery you have to reset the user parameters. Enter the service mode by holding down the test key (marked "Test SW501") on the front right corner of the PCB. Then press "5" on the remote control to go to the "Reset user parameters" program (should read as "REST USER PROG?" on the display). Press "5" again and then you could switch the unit off and on again. Worked fine for me :)

I got the information from the service manual that I managed to dig up from somewhere on the net... google it.

BR

Andy

Back
Top Bottom