what is the world of TT's coming to ?????

:puke:

The only thing worst is what they did to this poor 1200MK2! :tears:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqJ,!ngFH5s2(sKWBSBCYePi8!~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!ngFH5s2(sKWBSBCYePi8!~~60_57.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 188
My eyes are still burning from looking at the picture of the orange DJ turntable. If that's a Hanpin -- and the styling suggests that it is -- the folks at Hanpin must be related to the planet-builders of Magrathea from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books by Douglas Adams. The planet catalog on Magrathea included a particularly garish design with the message, "Whatever your tastes, Magrathea can cater for you. We are not proud."

That is awesome.
Yes, it is butt ugly but I hope they sell a million of them.
Imagine an aisle of vinyl.

OK the colour is pretty... horrible.

k2-_8f6d28c6-e039-40f6-8998-eba30ca81916.v1.jpg

But on the brightside its a repackaged ATLP1240, and if I remember correctly, those retailed for >$400. I am pretty sure this one has the motor magnet as part of the platter and the arm is better than that on the ATLP120.

I agree the design is copying now-gone Vestax, but hey, if other turntable manufactures start taking note and retailing thru walmart, I can only see that as a good thing!

I don't want to say yes to an aisle of vinyl at walmart just yet.. record store supporters are gonna jump down my throat, but I will say that walmart online stocks some good selection and great pricing!

I was a bit more disheartened to see this:

k2-_9990a5f2-d561-44c3-a323-a4be7d5a7dea.v1.jpg

OK the colour is pretty... horrible.

k2-_8f6d28c6-e039-40f6-8998-eba30ca81916.v1.jpg

But on the brightside its a repackaged ATLP1240, and if I remember correctly, those retailed for >$400. I am pretty sure this one has the motor magnet as part of the platter and the arm is better than that on the ATLP120.

I agree the design is copying now-gone Vestax, but hey, if other turntable manufactures start taking note and retailing thru walmart, I can only see that as a good thing!

I don't want to say yes to an aisle of vinyl at walmart just yet.. record store supporters are gonna jump down my throat, but I will say that walmart online stocks some good selection and great pricing!

I was a bit more disheartened to see this:

k2-_9990a5f2-d561-44c3-a323-a4be7d5a7dea.v1.jpg

What? You have just assembled an ultimate system in a single post :tongue:

My eyes are still burning from looking at the picture of the orange DJ turntable. If that's a Hanpin -- and the styling suggests that it is -- the folks at Hanpin must be related to the planet-builders of Magrathea from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books by Douglas Adams. The planet catalog on Magrathea included a particularly garish design with the message, "Whatever your tastes, Magrathea can cater for you. We are not proud."
Funny you should mention 'Hitchhiker's Guide' as we watch the movie version last night. Not nearly as good as the book(s), but still amusing.

One thing in favour of the colour scheme is that at least it is cheery. Abusively cheery.

:puke:

The only thing worst is what they did to this poor 1200MK2! :tears:

I don't see the wrong doing in that. You might or might not like the styling, but that's a personal preference and what I can judge from that picture it seems a well done job.

Different tastes for different people and some young kid getting into scratching or club type DJing might not be all that fazed with the 70s wood veneered tables (or vinyl wrapped like was so common in the cheaper units) and actually prefer that orange thing, though to be honest the styling looks pretty outdated to my eyes, like it came from the late 90s or early 00s, that's so yesterday :D

LOL ... seem to remember a post somewhere in the blogosphere a good many years ago ... "I'll believe the vinyl revival is real when they start selling TT at Walmarts".

LOL ... seem to remember a post somewhere in the blogosphere a good many years ago ... "I'll believe the vinyl revival is real when they start selling TT at Walmarts".

Yeah, but you also have to go back and recall when Fisher, Pioneer and Kenwood were all selling "all in one" audio racks at K-Mart...

Little Honda - the Hondells

It looks like a Honda motorcycle to me. But what do I know - I am primarily a record-changer-tubed-console-man.

- JKHolman

Hey now I have a couple of old Empires that are almost the same color, gold. I would much rather have one of them than a suit case Crosley.

Back
Top Bottom