Supreme 600 RCA's

igiveup

I bought a 600 the other day and both Phono inputs are broken, the 2nd one is completely broken off. I either need to make a whole new plastic mounting board or possibly ....... Has anybody found replacement RCA's that fit in the actual metal panel holes and bypass the plastic all together?

I did find these Rean from Neutrik connectors which could be mounted individually in each of the holes. The original hole is 13.5mm and these require a 12mm and the outside of the nylon washers are 15.5 so they might work. Neutrik Part #: NYS367-2

What have you guys done in this case? Looking for ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 42378686.jpg
    42378686.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I dunno if those would fit or not.

I had a 600 in here a few years ago where the internal plastic for the RCA's was trashed for nearly all the rear connectors. I rebuilt the whole deal using a piece of plexiglas and some Switchcraft RCA's that are fairly close to stock-looking (I believe it was these, since my goal was to end up with something reasonably close to factory original).

The end result was decent, but it was a lot of work.

EchoWars was kind enough to send me a piece of plastic to use for mine, but my mechanical skills are far lower than my electronics skills, so I opted for the sort of RCAs you're looking at. Worked perfectly, and are probably slightly better than OEM for the low-level phono signal, being gold plated. The washers were big enough that the larger hole didn't matter.

Isn't it odd that just the phono jacks on mine and yours were trashed?

It won't be original but I may just redo them all so it looks nice. I plan on keeping this unit. Cost is $2:50 per unit so the cost will be fine. I should allow a full hour to swap them out then

Thanks for the input guys. I will post a photo of the results.

Back
Top Bottom