What's wrong with this Kenwood system?

chris_9

Hello guys,

This is the first time I post in this forum. I would be very appreciative if someone could give me some suggestions.

I bought a Kenwood K-R711 integrated CD receiver a few weeks ago, hooked it up with a pair of Bose 125 speakers. I was very impressed by its clarity and detail at the audio shop so I got them from Yahoo auction for about $600USD.
I have been listening to them for over 50 hours and I get nothing but disappointment, though at the very least, the system gets a pass on both clarity and detail on mid tone.

Why? Because what I get is something that doesn't sound like music. It's just like the singer is speaking instead of singing as you listen to it. It gets a bit better when you listen to something very musical, but still, the whole thing you doesn't sound musical, but something quite dull and plain and I have never experienced something like that . Even my cheap portable mp3 player worth less than $70 , while playing the same songs as I have been playing on the new system, gives me something better. THe stragest thing is: this problem becomes a lot less obvious as I listen to mp3 music instead of original CD tracks.

Which part do you think is the problem?

Many thanks

Chris

About Kenwood R-K711:

30W+30W RMS (1kHz, 10% THD, 6ohms)

About Bose 125:

6Ohms, sensitivty unknown (I need to turn it up to quite high to get sufficient volume so I guess it should be below 89db)

Thank you.

Chris

30W+30W RMS (1kHz, 10% THD, 6ohms)

Back
Top Bottom