Audiodon's ARLEX Mass get-together

audiodon

Addicted Member
Hi,
We have enough members in Arlington, Lexington, Belmont, Waltham and Watertown to have a local get-together

I like to entertain.
I had an open house Saturday November 10th. A number of AK'ers, friends from Craigslist buys/cells and friends of friends visited.

We listened to the reference system listed at the bottom of the page.

Pictured is the home theater system.
Listening are Chris (non-AK), RichPA (I think that's his AK avatar, correct me if I'm wrong and I'll edit it), dadbar, delihaus, Richard (non-AK), and holding the subwoofer on the floor, our one and only truevis. On the floor trying to stay under the sound is LexDM3.
In the second picture on the right is neighbor Tom. Tom used to do live sound for Natalie Merchant and he has forgotten more than I know about mixing.

People came and went all day, including AK'er Steph Gaynor, a number of others and they got fed and watered.
Well, I had a good time. I hope the others did too.

Attachments

• openhouse111012.jpg
    openhouse111012.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 63
  • blurryHT.jpg
    blurryHT.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 53
If it had been Shirley, Harvard and Groton, we could have been cool and hung low and it coulda been called Sghroton.

Last edited:
hey ,I see a few familiar faces in that crowd!!

I'll bet it was a great time. What was the Gangs opinion of the new Spendors?

Did a Fisher 500c get played?:music::D

Hopefully get to make the next one, if there is a next one.

C'mon February Frankfest!!

Something must have been interesting them in this surround system because they're all staring at a blank screen. It is an all-Spendor surround system outside of the subwoofers.

fun times!

Don played a multichannel recording of Berlioz Requiem that had us all memorized -- (oops mesmerized -- thanks dan, I need new glasses)

Lexicon driven Spendors large and small + subs really did a great job reproducing that large scale work in his A/V system. No video needed.

Don is truly the host with the most!

Thanks again!

Stephanie

Last edited:
Don played a multichannel recording of Berlioz Requiem that had us all memorized. Stephanie

Memorized? I can't remember the names of all of the people who were there. Didja mean "mesmerized?" :yes:

As I listened to Don's three systems at various times, I once again realized that he is the master of getting audio sounding right. His main system, HT system and the system in the new "playroom for the kids" over the garage all sounded great. I use that in quotes because I suspect that Don's two very nice daughters will have to compete with Dad for playtime out there. "Dad, do we need to have stereos EVERYWHERE?"

It was a really enjoyable event. AK people and culture have been a wonderful addition to my life in the last couple of years. Thanks! And thanks to Don for a nice time.

Back
Top Bottom