Pacific NW first time gathering

audiobiker

Learning...
i have wanted to have an event up here but until now i havent had a place to host it. My pastor just said that we could use our church :D soooo now i have a place to meet!!
When: Saturday November 3rd 10-4 PM

Where: Bellingham WA at: the.Church @ bakerview 424 W. Bakerview, Bellingham, WA 98226.

What: There will be a lot of tables set up for putting gear on that is for sale and some other tables set up for testing the gear. You can bring as many items as you want to put up for sale but be reasonable and don't bring us your long lost grandpa's cousin twice removed's sister's dad's basement full of audio gear. There will be a couple of other listening rooms.
I am gonna be supplying some drinks and maybe food, but it would be helpful if everyone in attendance could bring a favorite dish of yours. i dont really care what it is so long as there is no alcohol in it. if anyone is planning to attend that has a severe allergy to something please let me know and i will put it in this post.

Schedule:
-10 AM Start
-Listening, Selling, Talking, Eating, all starts right away.
-All of the above continue till everyone leaves :D
-Ends at 4, it would be sweet if some people could stay a bit longer and help me set up some chairs. if not then its cool, but it would be nice.
Not really anything confusing or detailed. Just come and talk about audio while eating good food and listening to different systems.

I have been pulling some strings and i might get a group of guys to come and set up shop that specializes in Altec VOTT speakers and making crossovers for them! This is not a for sure, but it is a maybe :yes:
hope to see y'all there!

Swap/ for sale list
-KLH Model 7's
-ADC SS-450X
-DBX SNR-1

Last edited:
Soooooo, is anyone planning to come? If you have any ideas about what would be fun to do then go ahead and blurt them out. I am gonna be making a full schedule soon and will put it in the first post.

Thinken' I might come and a couple of others from the the Vancouver area might as well.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Cool! I am gonna go to the hifi shop this week and see if they would donate some things for the raffle, and to put some posters up. Cant wait to meet you all!

Thursday might be hard for folks that work to show up. Any chance to have it on a Sat.? Might get more of a turnout...:dunno:

Our church has things going on Saturday's...most of the time. I kinda figured Thursday wouldnt be very good, I will check to see if I could move it to Saturday November 3. I usually work on Saturday's though...

I am gonna try to go to the hifi shop this weekend, I will keep you all posted about the raffle and such things.

I'd like to come if I'm able. Might be able to sponge a place to sleep from my brother up there. Is this generally for DIY or commercial gear, new, vintage, whatever you have? Just wonder if you have a general theme in mind. I have some vintage tube gear, and some DIY tube gear. Possibly could bring some speakers. Four hours isn't a lot of time when things get going, so if you have any sort of overall plan for the affair, it would help us decide what to bring.

Thanks,
John

So it should be longer? I could make it longer if that would help. You can bring any gear you want. I will be bringing all SS gear but tubes are nice :) DIY is awesome as well. If you can, try to bring vintage gear but if you don't have any vintage gear, by all means bring your new stuff :D I am hoping to have my big altecs mostly done and "listenable" by then. And my MC 2100 all fixed up to power them.

Thanks you all for your advice, the time will be extend to 5 hrs. Times will be: 3-8. Also from looking at other events and the like I will be removing the limit of how many items you can bring (please recrain from bringing your entire warehouse full of stuff :) we dont have that much room) and I will be starting a thread about what people might want other Akers to bring.

The only SET I have is an old console amp with EL84's. I use it with a tuner for my workshop radio listening. All my other vintage gear is push-pull and so is my DIY stuff. Maybe someone else has a nice SET. We're in Bottlehead territory, so maybe there's a Bottlehead amp that will show up.

John

A push pull would be fine. I just want to see how they work with a small amount of power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and your mom...she makes good samitches

Back
Top Bottom