2009 Chicago-Area AK Get Together - February 28

Robie

Live it or live with it.
Subscriber
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hey, Guys and Gals,

It's that time of year again. Mark your calendars as I will be hosting a third annual Chicago-Area Get Together on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 1 PM at my house in Glenview. I'm located just north of O'Hare and near I-294 just northwest of Lake Avenue (Euclid out west) and Milwaukee Avenue.

There is no particular theme for this year's Get Together but I hope we can build on last year's great attendance. Look forward to seeing my friends from previous years as well as making some new friends.

More details to follow. Check back at this thread. :yes:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Hey, Guys and Gals,

It's that time of year again. Mark your calendars as I will be hosting a third annual Chicago-Area Get Together on Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 1 PM at my house in Glenview. I'm located just north of O'Hare and near I-294 just northwest of Lake Avenue and Milwaukee Avenue.

There is no particular theme for this year's Get Together but I hope we can build on last year's great attendance. Look forward to seeing my friends from previous years as well as making some new friends.

More details to follow. Check back at this thread. :yes:

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in!
Can ya tell I'm excited? :yes:

Time for some tubes, rock and roll, pizza and beer. :guitar:

I'm in, my friend.

Mark (aka Snade)

W00T!!:tresbon:

You're on the "Master Calendar"!!!

If I ever needed a good reason to visit Chicago...

Come on down, Ed! We had a hell of a crowd and a lot of great gear last year!

Not to mention the beer and snacks...:yes:

[Edit]: Hey John, bring your SA-300 and I'll bring my uber-rare 1800 receiver. Plus the ST-70, if there are any requests. Time to start the gear spreadsheet!

Last edited:
If I'm in town I'm in (if you all remember the youngin' that was there last year, that was I). I've acquired some really cool stuff since then and Robie, I'll finally get those KLH 17s to you that I've long since promised.

Thank you for the generous invite. If work allows I'll be there. Sorry I missed last year's event, sometimes my biz has to take priority. Looks good for this year though!

Hi Robie, you can ignore my reply to your PM since I figured it out :) Thanks for the heads up - I'd like to attend.

I have something going on here about 3 weeks before that, especially for analog lovers...

W00T!!:tresbon:

You're on the "Master Calendar"!!!

Come on down, Ed! We had a hell of a crowd and a lot of great gear last year!

Not to mention the beer and snacks...:yes:

[Edit]: Hey John, bring your SA-300 and I'll bring my uber-rare 1800 receiver. Plus the ST-70, if there are any requests. Time to start the gear spreadsheet!

I'll bring the SA-300 and 400c preamp, maybe my Sony SS-m7 speakers because I think its so funny that my favorite speakers are Sonys. Again, if I'm in town. I may be on a work trip.

I am in. I'll bring a Sansui 881 receiver...which I'll try to recap prior to the event.

I wouldn't miss it! Lots of fun!
Maybe we can dedicate it to the late Ken Jacobsen (sleddogman) who will be missed...

I wouldn't miss it! Lots of fun!
Maybe we can dedicate it to the late Ken Jacobsen (sleddogman) who will be missed...

That was my thought too, Clyde. I planned on trying to pass that thought on to Ken's family.

I am in. I'll bring a Sansui 881 receiver...which I'll try to recap prior to the event.

I get sad everytime I think of my missing 881. If you need help...

Robie,
I'll be there come hell or high water. I'll bring my 2A3 single ended amps that everyone wanted to listen to last time but couldn't.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.

Darn, I was hoping the Fraziers would make a guest appearance. But we'll be so busy looking at Evan's non-working stuff, that I doubt we'd have time to hear the Fraziers anyway.

Seriously, I'm sure there will be plenty of equipment to explore. Can't wait to hear that Miles anyway.

I have potentially two Non-AKers that may be interested in checking it out....Would that be OK?

Robie, thanks for the call and inviting me to bring some toys, since others will be doing so. I can bring the little Kuzma turntable (vinyl, anyone?), and if folks are interested the Atma-Sphere preamp (MP-1) and amps (MA-1s). Not that big of an effort, but wanted to run it by the group before doing so.

Back
Top Bottom