YP-211 Question

shemp723

My YP-211 stopped turning. I'm a novice at fixing stuff, but with the help of this website I learned how to clean and fix a few things already, so I'm trying again.

The turntable just stopped working. I was manually moving it to clean a record and then the next thing I know, the arm won't engage the turntable. Does this sound like something that just needs cleaning or could the motor be ka put!

Before I take in to a repair shop, I thought I would ask here for help.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Dean

Well, the belt is broken. I will need to figure out where to order the proper placement. But first off I need to figure out how to get the metal platter off? I can't see any screws or learn from the manual how to remove it. I downloaded the manual, but I'm not sure what to do to remover the platter. Any ideas for this model?

The platter just pulls off; you might have to pull upwards on the platter and at the same time give a sharp tap on the spindle to get it off.

Ok, thanks. I will keep trying. It sounds like it catches on something like it's locked. I've read similar things about these kinds of turntables, so I will just keep trying. Thank you so much for your helpful input. I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom