Concept 12.0D

every time i look at a concept lately i see that decomoom guy bidding on it damn i wish i knew who he was (vintage stereo:>) LOL good luck

course if it was me i would be calling rick or barry and letting him know how infamous they are here on AK this week

I only noticed this Concept because I forgot to bid on a Marantz 5220 cassette deck the seller had. I think last week one went for $700+ without a wood case and a woodcase went separately for $250+. This one went for $100. :tears:

Njord...sorry to hear about your Tandberg.

Chris...I get out to Santa Cruz to surf. I can pick it up and bombproof it and mail it to you.

Carl

Santa Cruz, my town!

I grew up in Santa Cruz and lived there since 1968. Ole Rick has been part of the audio/stereo scene there for a looooong time.
I met him back 20 or so years ago when he worked at Water Street Stereo.

Rick is a super nice guy and is full of stories. I can talk for hours with him about the good ole days of stereo. But seriously, he's a goober. I wouldn't trust him to mail me a rock and expect him to pack it properly.
Now on the other hand, Barry wouldn't give a shit. He's a total dick and I wouldn't put it past him to pack that reciever poorly on purpose! Especially if he fealt that he didn't get top dollar for it.
All I can say is Be Careful!

onepixel said:
Chris...I get out to Santa Cruz to surf. I can pick it up and bombproof it and mail it to you.

Carl

Dog gone it Carl, you're one helluva nice guy. To me, you, more than anyone embody the ideal of Audio Karma!!

I'm going to vote for you as AK member of the year!!:thmbsp:

onepixel said:
I only noticed this Concept because I forgot to bid on a Marantz 5220 cassette deck the seller had. I think last week one went for $700+ without a wood case and a woodcase went separately for $250+. This one went for $100. :tears:

Njord...sorry to hear about your Tandberg.

Carl

Carl -- That would be ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!

Right now I'm assembling an army of (North) Korean-made Concept 12.0Ds to take over the world!!!! Bwwwhaaahaaaahhaaaaa!!! (Just kidding....) :D

-- Chris

ReEdger said:
Dog gone it Carl, you're one helluva nice guy. To me, you, more than anyone embody the ideal of Audio Karma!!

I'm going to vote for you as AK member of the year!!:thmbsp:

ReEdger -- Carl is not alone. There are some any exceptional people here. I'm going to be visiting with one of them this weekend. :D

I frequently have lunch with another.

And hope to me several shortly.

-- Chris

vintagestereo said:
Right now I'm assembling an army of (North) Korean-made Concept 12.0Ds to take over the world!!!! Bwwwhaaahaaaahhaaaaa!!! (Just kidding....) :D

-- Chris
I've seen the 12.0D horde. It's for real.

Chris...glad to be able to help. I hate seeing nice stuff wrecked. If you win let me know.

Gene tells me that the sellers have a shop near my favorite ice cream shop that is suppose to be a blast from the past kinda 70s shop in Santa Cruz. Friday morning looks like a good time to surf. Kill 3 birds with one stone! :banana:

Hey Carl!

onepixel said:
Gene,

Shhh...I figured I could play with it for a couple weeks before I sent it. :D

If VS wins the auction, you can ship it right off to him. I'll bet he will be anxious to get his hands on it. I have a 12.0D that's just sitting around here. You can play around with it if you like.

Well... one day I hope to bid on a 12.0d that you aren't Chris. Not that I need yet another receiver.

I was only kidding about playing with the 12.0D. I have enough to play with. But thanks! I did briefly play with the 12.0D in the shop today. After I went surfing. It was cold! Brrr...the waves were small, uncrowded and the conditions were nice.

Man! That shop has several rooms with newer and vintage stuff pile up to the ceiling! The guys seemed to be relatively decent outwardly but you never know in a brief exchange. Most of the stuff they had you guys would definitely drool over. But most of it was dirty and dusty. Speakers, receivers, tape decks, amps, tubes, etc., etc. And the prices were pretty high. He said he had another 12.0D that he just sold.

The 12.0D is in very good condition. One scratch on the glass and a teeny knick on the top right front corner. The rest is shinny and very clean. I didn't play with all the controls but most of what I did worked. Very cool digital age type receiver.

I mentioned Njord not being happy about the packing and the guys seemed to think it was well packed. I don't know two inches of insulation foam seems pretty thin. He did say he sold a Conecpt 16.5 recently that sold for $500 something and packed it the same way and he said the buyer was happy. Njord how is your Tandberg?

I left my wallet so no ice cream!

vintagestereo said:
ReEdger -- Carl is not alone. There are some any exceptional people here. I'm going to be visiting with one of them this weekend. :D

I frequently have lunch with another.

And hope to me several shortly.

-- Chris

I'm still voting for Carl!:D

Back
Top Bottom