Audiokarma.org
Audiokarma Featured Sponsor

Go Back   AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums > Exclusively Sansui


We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-18-2007, 06:16 AM
lungin's Avatar
lungin lungin is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Picked up a Sansui 350A - any info?

Picked up a Sansui 350A on ebay here in the Uk - needs some work - had broken speaker switch which I have repaired. Also needs 'Stereo' bulb and 3 lamps for the tuning dial - are these a major headache to source?? Anyone have info on this model - had a look around AK and there doesnt appear to be much about it.
and finally the serial number for the data base : 820100944
Cheers for now!
J
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-18-2007, 06:54 AM
bolly's Avatar
bolly bolly is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CFB Borden
Posts: 17,061
theres some info here lungin, in Morden2004's Sansui database. http://www.clarkeworks.com/sansui/Ge...Model%20No.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 PM
lungin's Avatar
lungin lungin is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
illumination required...

thanks for the info Bolly - I will continue working on it and will post photos of innards if anyone is interested. Also, has anyone any idea how to breath life back into the tuning needle/pointer - it should be lit up but at present it is deader than your average Dodo...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Stene's Avatar
Stene Stene is offline
The Introducer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stockholm Sweden
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lungin
Picked up a Sansui 350A on ebay here in the Uk - needs some work - had broken speaker switch which I have repaired. Also needs 'Stereo' bulb and 3 lamps for the tuning dial - are these a major headache to source?? Anyone have info on this model - had a look around AK and there doesnt appear to be much about it.
and finally the serial number for the data base : 820100944
Cheers for now!
J
If you eventually need service manual and technical bulletins LINK
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 AM
scanguy77's Avatar
scanguy77 scanguy77 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 16
Thumbs up Sansui 350A info

I just bought one at a charity store for 40$ with a pair of
Acoustic Research TSW 110 speakers and the owners and
service manuals. Witnesses said my eyes popped out
and jaw hit the ground. What would you like to know about
it? I could scan some pages and email them to you.
b.r.,
Scanguy77 nikonf2@verizon.net
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
lungin's Avatar
lungin lungin is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanguy77
I just bought one at a charity store for 40$ with a pair of
Acoustic Research TSW 110 speakers and the owners and
service manuals. Witnesses said my eyes popped out
and jaw hit the ground. What would you like to know about
it? I could scan some pages and email them to you.
b.r.,
Scanguy77 nikonf2@verizon.net
Hey that's a good haul!
What I am after is the schematics for the the 350A - want to try and give it the once over plus find a replacement for the 'needle ' bulb on the tuning display.
Any info you have would be cool
Cheers
J
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2008, 09:59 PM
SpeakerLabFan's Avatar
SpeakerLabFan SpeakerLabFan is offline
< speakerlab 7's
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 14,462
Picked up a Sansui 350a today

I answered a listing on CL last night, was first in line, and went out and picked up a Sansui 350a on the eastside this afternoon for $20. I had a nice chat with the seller and his son who are both gearheads. He had a nice pair of Vandersteens and a very old pair of Thiels too. I've never seen one of these 350a units - 47 WPC from what I can find researching this unit, this one is in good shape and the controls were clean, just need to replace the tuning display bulbs. It's always a good day when you can bring home another nice Sansui

Here's a few pictures:



__________________
Main:
Cary-AE AE-3 MkII Pre/Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood
KT-9900/McIntosh MC-2205/JBL 4430
JBL 4430 video
Bedroom:
Azur 640P/1800MK2/M97xE//VPI 16.5
Manley Stingray/TubeDAC/JBL 4425
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-31-2008, 10:17 AM
Bigears's Avatar
Bigears Bigears is offline
Manager of my own day
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,655
The 350 A was the heart of my first component system and If I recall, I purchased it used from an older guy in the ‘hood for $100. More like 20 wpc I think. Fond memories of that one and have considered picking up another simply for the nostalgia. Wonderful little unit. I gave it to my Dad and it started acting up, which was probably just dirty contacts or pots, but it did not have a happy ending...long before I got back into this stuff.
__________________
5% think, 10% think they think, 85% would rather die than think
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
SpeakerLabFan's Avatar
SpeakerLabFan SpeakerLabFan is offline
< speakerlab 7's
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 14,462
Ah, thanks for that info. I found the spec sheet and you're right, 20 WPC into 8 ohms: http://www.classicsansui.net/images/...350A/350Ab.jpg
__________________
Main:
Cary-AE AE-3 MkII Pre/Fosgate Signature Tube Phono Pre/Rega P9/Benz Wood
KT-9900/McIntosh MC-2205/JBL 4430
JBL 4430 video
Bedroom:
Azur 640P/1800MK2/M97xE//VPI 16.5
Manley Stingray/TubeDAC/JBL 4425
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Bigears's Avatar
Bigears Bigears is offline
Manager of my own day
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,655
That was a big 20 wpc as I recall. My 6X9" Ampex speakers (yes from a tape deck) rocked pretty good with that unit!
__________________
5% think, 10% think they think, 85% would rather die than think
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
jaguardatsuns jaguardatsuns is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hopkinsville, Ky
Posts: 40
I have an Orion book and it shows the 350 and the 350A, and both should be 30 watts X2 RMS. I just put one on ebay, and it is pretty and works fine. The controls do get corroded and need a good cleaning. At first, I thought the left channel was out. Nope, just dirty contacts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Chap's Avatar
Chap Chap is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 398
Well, I've just picked one up yesterday for very cheap. I'm really happy about the tuner quality. It is FET driven and has 4 gang and 3 filters; very very good sound. It will get the 1rst home place as soon as I will have replaced the capacitors. It seems to miss some punch in the bass according to me. I will increase some values, specially the caps on the o/p . By the way, a 2200 on the A/C filtering is the smallest I've ever seen... Were they missing money from the FET on the tuner side ?

Anybody know where to find the schamatics ?
__________________
Kitchen kit: Philips 787 rxer, Nak mb-1S w Jfet, Rotel RCD AR-17. living room kit: Mark Levinson ML-1, N.Pass Mosfet Citation 12, Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner, Theta Carmen transport, CAmbridge Magic DAC Plus, Lenco L78, BML "tracer" speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-29-2008, 11:07 AM
lungin's Avatar
lungin lungin is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap View Post
Well, I've just picked one up yesterday for very cheap. I'm really happy about the tuner quality. It is FET driven and has 4 gang and 3 filters; very very good sound. It will get the 1rst home place as soon as I will have replaced the capacitors. It seems to miss some punch in the bass according to me. I will increase some values, specially the caps on the o/p . By the way, a 2200 on the A/C filtering is the smallest I've ever seen... Were they missing money from the FET on the tuner side ?

Anybody know where to find the schamatics ?
Thought I would bump this one more time and see if I can get moving on this baby. I've had it awhile now and finally have a clear space to work on its assorted problems. These amount to a permanent background hiss on the right channel - even with volume down to '0' or balance set fully to left channel; pops and cracks come on within 5-10 seconds when she is switched to AM setting; Blown needle bulb on the tuning dial ( can these be replaced with a suitable LED?)
Of course there is the usual need of a schematic /manual - there isn't a whole lot of info on this model - maybe as it is marked on the back as European - any of you guys have experience off working on one?
She is nice receiver with a proper wooden case and I just want to breath a bit of life back into her, make her sing again!
Anyway, over to you and cheers for now...
J
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Thespeakerdude8's Avatar
Thespeakerdude8 Thespeakerdude8 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,979
wow that thing looks very close to a 1000x, but appears to have fewer inputs/oututs on the rear. Have you tried deoxit on all your controlls yet? I have a 1000x, and those stilly lever style switches can be a pain. You have to take off the face of the amp to get to them to spray deoxit in them, and the tape monitor switches seem to cause a lot of trouble when they are dirty. Mine didn't pass audio untill I did that, which is probably the reason it got donated in the first place.
The needle "LED" I think is really a minature peanut bulb isn't it? I think theres a source on evilpay for those, also some for the fuse lights too.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-01-2008, 01:52 AM
lungin's Avatar
lungin lungin is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespeakerdude8 View Post
wow that thing looks very close to a 1000x, but appears to have fewer inputs/oututs on the rear. Have you tried deoxit on all your controlls yet? I have a 1000x, and those stilly lever style switches can be a pain. You have to take off the face of the amp to get to them to spray deoxit in them, and the tape monitor switches seem to cause a lot of trouble when they are dirty. Mine didn't pass audio untill I did that, which is probably the reason it got donated in the first place.
The needle "LED" I think is really a minature peanut bulb isn't it? I think theres a source on evilpay for those, also some for the fuse lights too.
Speakerdude8
Thanks for the reply - I've cleaned all controls and switches with deoxit awhile back but the problems are still there - when you say peanut bulb are these available still - Radioshack? or the UK equivilant -Maplins. Will have to check that out. I shall also check out the 1000x and see if its a similar model
cheers man
J
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.



Friends of Audiokarma
We appreciate your help in keeping this site going.
Stereo Repair World
Herbies Audio Lab
Vintage Home Audio
Amps and Sound
Pro DJ Headphones - click here
Organ Donor Parts
Wargos Electronics
Parts Connexion
Sonneteer
Take Five Audio
Sound Stage Direct
Audio Salon
AudioClassics
Audience AV
AV Solutions
Simply Speakers
Tone Arm Audio
BD Enterprise
Musical Paradise
Howard Products
Classic Sound Repair
FM DX Antenna
McIntosh Cabinets
Siliconray
BOI Audio Works
Vinyl Magic Record Cleaner
Amplifiedparts
Grant Fidelity
RSL Speakers
Yesterday's Audio
Urban Antigue Radio
DeWick Repairs
Many Moons Audio
Vintage Electronics Repair
The Tube Store
Politicalchat.org
Audio Doctor
Antique Radio Classifieds
MCM Electronics
Videokarma.org
   
   
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2002-2014 AudioKarma.org, All rights reserved.