Where did you get your Avatar?

Tapehead47

Addicted Member
I'm fascinated with all the interesting avatars. Mine is not a picture of me playing guitar. It's a friend of mine who is a much better guitarist.

So, how and why did you choose the picture? And where did it come from?

Rick

:para: I appropriated mine from a website where the guy sells speakers and used gear. I have no clue if he made it or got it from somewhere else.
I had a short-lived one of a girl spazzing out with her iPod, but I switched back by popular demand.
Tom

Mine was finely crafted by an Olde English Avatar maker, back in the early 1600s. It called to me once in a dream, and I finally found it quite by accident in a local pasture, partially buried.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Scanned and resized from one of my dad's empire catalogues from the early 1970's. As a child I grew up with a pair of these to look up at and peer into the base grille to se the 15" woofer facing down. They had that US made speaker smell. Driven by all sorts of marantz amps and kenwood monsters until they died in the 1980's. We still have them in their original boxes waiting for a rebuild...one day.:thmbsp:

Mine was thoughtfully provided by another AKer. It is NOT my car, but one just like it, a 1967 Lincoln Convertible Sedan. That was the last year they made that beautiful car, 2276 copies. There are prolly 700-800 left today.

Mine came from a conversation from a friend who said:
"You know, you sound just like Frasier Crane". So just for fun I dug up a pic online.

Sandy G said:
Mine was thoughtfully provided by another AKer. It is NOT my car, but one just like it, a 1967 Lincoln Convertible Sedan. That was the last year they made that beautiful car, 2276 copies. There are prolly 700-800 left today.

Sandy, when we come down for that visit, I am hoping for a ride!

I found mine at the local landfill. It was dirty layin there in all that filth and grime, but appeared to be in good shape. I saw a guy digging thru the junk and figured he must own the place, so I hollered over and asked him how much he wanted for the avatar. He said, it had just arrived this morning and that I could have it for $15. Did I get a good deal?

After about 3 hours of cleaning and detailing, it shines like a diamond in a goats arse. My wife hasn't seen it yet, so I have to be very careful. It is currently in the garage hidden amoung all the other avatars. Waiting to be snuck into the house while mother is making afternoon tea.

It does have a strong odor of cat pee. Can anyone please tell me how to get cat pee out of an avatar?

I change mine sporadically but all come from my personal collection of equipment.

Not sure if this is confusing but I get bored with the same one all of the time.

www.records said:
It does have a strong odor of cat pee. Can anyone please tell me how to get cat pee out of an avatar?

I'll fasten it to one of my truck wheels next time I go to my machinist friend's.
His dog always has a half gallon saved up, that would probably get rid of the cat pee smell.

I got mine from some vintage images sent by Brian C (new member) over in the U.K.
It is a pic of some Stan Smith speaker sales promotion.

my current avatar is a photo of the northern lights over lake Winnipeg taken around 5.5 km south of Winnipeg Beach. i took the photo on the labour day weekend september 2005.

Mine is the hood ornament from a 60s Continental. I want to find one of those to put on my 86 Towncar just because I think they're cooler looking than the 80s hood ornaments. The other one is a waffle, because I have whats known as the 'waffle grille" on the Townie.

Back
Top Bottom