Harmon/Kardon Prelude PC-200, 6V6 version

painterman

Hello. Does anyone have any idea how to locate the schematic for the Harman Kardon Prelude PC-200 amplifier (around 1959) that is powered with 6V6's and not EL84's?

I found the owners manual on the HK site (still!) but the schematic is for the EL84 version, of which mine is not.

If anyone has any info on this amp, and specifically this 6V6 version, It'd be much appreciated.

This amp was in my Dad's tool room, and works great. It has the "smoke glass" 6V6's from RCA and GE.

Thanks

The PC-200 and Prelude are both listed in Sams Photofact index, # 335-8. There's also a Prelude II in 416-7. I don't have either folder, but someone here might...

The original "Prelude" (PC-200) was the 6V6 mono amplifier, and I think it was earlier than 1959, as it was shown in their 1957 brochure. The brochure called it a 10-watt amplifier. The "Prelude II" from 1959 was the A-12 (which also was mono), and it used EL-84's for a stated output of 12 watts. I have access to a bunch of these early H-K schematics (Sams Photofacts), but I don't think I have the one for yours. I'll double-check when I get home, though.

--Bob

Edit: And it's Harman with an "a'"!!!

Thanks Bob

I appreciate the help. I had a tube man check out this HK amp in 1999 and it really sounds great.

I know I mix up the "A" and the "O" all the time. I think I spelled it right in the title...

Please let me know if you come across the schematic - I am curious regarding the two 12AX7's. In the schematic for the EL84 version, V1 impacts the line pre (I think) and V4 is for the phono stage.

I'm using the mono out from my MX 110 into the tuner input of the HK, and wanted to know if using a different 12AX7 would have any sonic impact.

Thanks for your help.

My partner in my early Harman Kardon research project informs me that we will have a Sams Photofacts for the PC-200 in a week or so. Another delivery of folders has just started its journey on the way to our archives! Stay tuned...

--Bob

Harman/Kardon Prelude 6V6 schematic

Did anyone have any luck on locating this HK schematic?

Thanks for the help.

Did anyone have any luck on locating this HK schematic?

I was going to contact you, I did get the Sams for this unit...honest, it was on my list of things to do! I'm not equipped for scanning at the moment, but I could photocopy for you if you need it.

--Bob

Back
Top Bottom