SEEBURG DDS-1 "Rhythm Twins"

I suppose the horns and drivers are worth the opening bid. IMO the factory woofers(utah's) leave much to be desired and are a poor match for the highly efficient HF section, he claims the woofers are efficient, i disagree.:no:

His crossover mods may well be a vast improvement over stock which is a simple 2nd order network with no attenuation or L-pad to balance the system.:D

The cabinets certainly have potential, very heavy and damped.

With a pair of sixteen ohm 416's and a cloned M19 crossover in each cabinet they would be spectacular!:yes:

What is this cloned M19 you speak of, please..?
I'm simply suggesting taking a DIY approach using the M19 crossover topology, it offers EQ/compensation for both the LF and HF with hi and mid band adjustability via L-pads.

There are accurate schematics available with all component values listed as well as miles of forum thread discussing the 19XO, it's rebuilding, and theory of it's function.

Some component values would have to be changed from the stock M19 design to accomodate the 16 ohm HF in the seeburgs.

It might also need some minor low end tweaking, but just correcting it for the 16 ohm HF and nothing else should render a crossover and speaker system far superior to the stock DDS1.

Had i kept my DDS1's this is the route i'd have explored. I'm not saying it'd be the perfect solution, but ask anyone that's living with 19's and understands what sets them apart from many of the other similar altec systems................. much of the magic is in that network.

Just my .02 ya understand..................

Back
Top Bottom