Jbl C44 Paragons Info Please Please

englissa

I went to my local friday night auction and the is a pair, set, ,speaker that is JBL and what I could read is Type C44 Paragons, does anybody know what this is and what kind of price should i be bidding ? I have about an hour before i need to leave ? seemed to be in fair shape but has a lot of stuff stacked around then thanks englissa

englissa, theres a busted one being offered for $5000, it was listed today on somebodys craigslist. :yikes:

Bolly It is taken apart but yes it looks just like that, I dont think im gonna have enough money ???????????????????? englissa

Paragon goes between $8K and $12K on the open market, depending on vintage, condition and driver complement.

An icon of modern design, but not up to contemporary sonic performance standards, alas, even after full refurbishing.

Three pieces: left, right, and the curved center panel....

best of luck englissa, hopefully you're the only one there that knows what it is!! :thmbsp:

essentially two S8 systems of le15a, 375 mid driver/lens, 075 ring radiator. Like the Olympus minus the le15pr passive radiator.
Mostly a hi price piece of furniture that sounded very nice. I never heard one tho. I have the Olympus systems myself.

Good luck. They are impressive looking. There is an article on the internet about their design. Do a google on it. They go for big bucks.

Jbl Paragons

OK guys First off I'm single and don't have to answer to nobody like a girlfriend and live alone and YES I got them, If it wasnt for the outher bidder the one with deep pockets they would have gone for a couple hundred maybe but since we were bidding things up he stopped and I became the new owner, just looking them over quickly there is some corner brusing and some of the verener had come off the top of the curved piece, didnt know it at the time but a pair of amps or something came with them also, their in the truck for the night,
Next problem I have no place to store them in my house(sure I'll get some offers) and how to hook them up at the moment. Is their a book on them ?Its late and I a'm tired In the morning night englissa

Extremely good deal!! The most valuable model will have the 150-4C woofers. The last version had LE15H woofers and 376 drivers in it, which is the best sounding version. It's all about condition. The better, the better. Congrats!

:thmbsp::yes::ntwrthy::ntwrthy::beerchug::zoom: :jawdrop::lurk::worthless

Great job of jumping on something and trusting your AK brothers and your own JBL sense. With this investment, you'll be doing better than 90% of the stock market for the next 10 years!

Whatever you do, get some friends to come over to help move furniture around and get them inside. You don't want that enclosure wood to start overheating inside of a truck, car, or garage. Besides, they always start to look nicer once they're inside.

The amp question will also be intriguing. If the previous owner had these, one wonders what amps were used to drive them. Since you didn't mention any tube amps, we could start to speculate on what SS amps these might be.

Hope you had a good rest while we've been enviously posting, hope to see your pix and story in the AM. All the best and Congrats!!!! :tresbon:

Regards,

Bart

Back
Top Bottom