Nikko 701 Receiver

SoCal Sam

Lunatic Member
Check out my Nikko 701. They don't make 'em like this anymore...

Attachments

• Nikko 701 1.JPG
    Nikko 701 1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 190
  • Nikko 701 2.JPG
    Nikko 701 2.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 141
Cool...that is a very unsual color! They usually look like these 501s.
nikko-sta501_front.jpg

Sam...how do you like the sound?

Hey Filmboy...very cool sig!

Nikko Receivers: The Epitime of Ultrabadness

Incredible. I had a Nikko NR-1015 receiver that was just terrifyingly bad looking - but yours is the outer limits of ultrabadness.

Peter

Check out my Nikko 701. They don't make 'em like this anymore...

More Nikko Ultrabadness...

Nikko definitely marched to a different beat...

I present my STA-9010. I like the pseudo-TV-screen tuning dial and meter.

attachment1735d511ck6.jpg

Actually, its a nice performer and fairly hefty...Nikkos are generally underappreciated IMHO.

Attachments

• NikkoSTA9010front.jpg
    NikkoSTA9010front.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 60
I bought this little gem untested because I liked the looks so much. The knobs are solid aluminum and all are countersunk. Even the top halves of the concentric controls are countersunk. The faceplate has solid aluminum trim pieces, the lettering is engraved, and the dial is glass.

I powered it up and it issued the lightest of magic smoke so I'm going to have it checked out before I give it a listen. This gem is definitely worth saving!

Cool...that is a very unsual color! They usually look like these 501s.
nikko-sta501_front.jpg

Sam...how do you like the sound?

Hey Filmboy...very cool sig!

The black Nikko's are beautiful as well. Don't know what it sounds like yet, mine will need some much needed attention.

I have a black face 501, it sounds real nice with some Genesis 20's playing CDs. The tuner sux though.

OK, we have established that the 501 and 701 are beautiful. This 1101 on the other hand... ish.

Attachments

• STA-1101.jpg
    STA-1101.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 78
The sections that look pink are faded. The original color was black. For some reason the paint when exposed to too much sun will change color. This is a pretty extreme example.

The sections that look pink are faded. The original color was black. For some reason the paint when exposed to too much sun will change color. This is a pretty extreme example.

Actually, the color is more plum than pink. The color is even all over and that includes behind the knobs.

Back
Top Bottom