Sony STR-7015 Valuation Advice

Starrider1

I found a sony STR-7015 at a thrift store and they want 49.00 for it. It is clean, but I don't know if that is a little too much to pay. Is it tube or solid state? Anyone have any information about this sony and if they think it is worth the money. It would be my first sony in my colleciton.

Thats probably top dollar. If it were a keeper, not a bad price. I had one and really liked it, good sound, but it is only 15 watts a channel IIRC. Very cool looking, but I only paid $10 - 20 and sold it for about the same. It Is solid state.

If you're looking for a nice vintage ss Sony receiver, I'd be looking for a 6060f, or a higher-powered 70xx series, like the 7055 or 7065. They can all be found pretty cheaply. The 6060f is a real gem (I rate it about equal to my much costlier MAC 1700 in terms of sound), and the others are very nice as well.

The 7015 will still have that nice vintage sony sound, but for $50, you'd be paying top dollar, as whyaskit noted.

Although solid state, it has a very similar sound to early solid state McIntosh equipment. A warm, deep sound that some might say sounds similar to tube equipment.

I just want to say that for $50 you could do a lot worse. It is a really good sounding piece. The judge nailed the sound and I agree with the recomendations made about the bigger Sony's.

Back
Top Bottom