No debates: what speaker wires, cables or interconnects do you prefer and use?

MagneMan

Currently running Monster cable 14 gauge XP-CI speaker wire and wondering what others are using.

Picked up a Tara Labs Master Gen digital 75 interconnect online with another purchase. Anyone used this particular one?

Got a nice Silver Sonic D 110 digital XLR AES/EBU included with the Parasound transport off eBay.

Absolutely not trying to start a "my wire, cable or interconnect is best" fight, just looking for information.

I'm using some Monster Cables that I got from RS on closeout last year.

A little off topic, but I've been wondering for a while - has anyone used either: 1) Dryer connection wire (looks like it would be about 6AWG) or 2) jumper cables/welding cables (say, 2 or 4AWG)?

Standard speaker wire from Radio Shack......Well now its some other store name.
Cables are standard from any store shelf that sells em cept the dollar store. They just to cheap.

They work just fine for me.

I've had very good results with DH Labs (T-14 and Q-10 cable and BL-1 interconnects) and Blue Jeans Cable for digital. I'm currently using Nordost Super Flatlines with my Maggies. With vintage gear, 14g zip wire.

I've been itching to try some Zebra Cables.

White Zombie Audio ,I have all modles but prefure the La Cacanya's and El Chupacabras.My speaker cables are 6awg silver plated high strand copper in teflon and well sleeved in carbon infused fiber and terminated with 3X silver plated copper banana plugs.sonics are awsome I chose white zombies because they are solid silver and teflon but best of all 1 30th the price of Audio Note Sogons in my opinion the true Hallmark of interconects but to pricey for me.

XLR - Kobala-Sona Fascination and Wasatch 105u.
RCA - Wasatch 105u, 104u, 103u & 102u.
Speaker - DIY 12ga silver coated, woven, flat 6-9s copper.

2 Ch. Goertz Sapphire and Micro Purl Interconnects, Goertz AG2 or Flatwire depending on the speakers in use.

HT: Signal Cable Analog 2 I/C's, Signal Cable Ultra Speaker Cables, BJC digital and optical cables.

Whatever I find..from Dual silver plated IC's to a bunch of stuff from Radio Shack. Works for me.

Speaker wire: 12ga. low-voltage landscape lighting cable: bare wire ends at the amp, RatShack gold banana plugs at the speakers.
Interconnects: generic cheapies except for a Monster Interlink 100 between the CD player and the amp.

KnuKoncepts for interconnects along with a 30' length of their Karma SS twisted pair 12 gauge wire they had on closeout that was left over from a spool. Made two nice 15' cables.

Have also used 14 gauge low voltage wire from Home Depot and been very pleased with both the sound and price.

Sleddog, funny you would mention them. I was perusing their product list at 3 am this morning, lol. They almost got some of my hardearned, but i decided to wait until I was wide awake to choose.

My speaker cables are approx. 20 feet long made from Caroll C-1108 Coax cable (50 ohm 16ga twisted copper core w/ 95% braided copper shield)

I use no connectors on the Speaker end the shield is stripped back and gathered together and twisted into a round conductor both ends on the amp end have a tiny bit of solder to help hold the strands from separating. I use a little heat shrink tubing over the conductor.

On the Amp end since my speaker cables connect to my Heathkit Audio Control Center (in line power meters) and I did the same thing turning the braided shield into a round connector then I made loops on both conductors and used heat shrink tubing to help hold the loops. I did this since the Heathkit uses a binding post that the wire has to attach to a threaded pin with a clamping nut.

The Coax helps filter the speaker signal both ways so I don't get interference with the interconnects or pickup any things from the Power cords. I route the wires up and out the top of the rack to physically keep them away from any other cables. And by using bare wire to unit connections I don't loose anything while the signal changes from copper to solder to gold plated brass (or what ever the connectors base metal would be)

The cost of this cable was I believe 69 cents a foot at the local electronics supply store.

Mostly cat-5e either in single pair or in quad pair configuration.

In one case 99.999 silver 34awg through teflon for the signal, and litz for the ground.

I do not believe that there is a commercial connecter product in my system anywhere. No real reason, just cheaper and much easier to control quality.

KnuKoncepts for interconnects along with a 30' length of their Karma SS twisted pair 12 gauge wire they had on closeout that was left over from a spool. Made two nice 15' cables.

Have also used 14 gauge low voltage wire from Home Depot and been very pleased with both the sound and price.

How did the Knuconcepts compare to the low voltage wire 14Ga.?
Jim

IC's: Audioquest Coral and Diamondback, with White Zombie Chupacabra from SACD to pre-amp.

Speaker cables: AQ Rockefeller, AQ Type 6, or (most recently) Nordost Blue Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom