Needs help about information of HEATHKIT intergrated Amp model AA-22

hieuats

I have just bought a vintage heathkit amp aa-22. I like its sound.

But i don't know anything about her and can't find information on web.

Please help me some information about spec, owner or service manual

Thanks.

Attachments

• AA-22.jpg
    AA-22.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 102
heathkits were/are just that, kits. User built, came with build assembly manual and operation manual. Usually lost in shuffle. Unless there's a heathkit forum/archive , manuals probably scarce as hens teeth. best go to ebay and see if anything turns up, or maybe some AK soul knows of that specific model. Good luck. Try a google search.

Heathkit AA-22's Pic

This is my Heathkit AA-22.

I m so so happy if anybody help me schem or any document of this.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AA22-01.jpg
    AA22-01.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 133
  • AA22-05.jpg
    AA22-05.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 109
  • AA22-Back.jpg
    AA22-Back.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 127
Did you just get this off Atlanta Craigslist? There was one for sale recently.

John

No. I just get it in a 2nd hand audio shop near my place.

My AA-22 have been mod for pre-amp function with 4 gold plated jacks. You can find them in the rear.

Now i would like to upgrade something. So I need her schem.

After 3 months, I can say some my opinions about SS amp heathkit AA-22.

My AA-22 have been replaced transistors. Now left channel is drived by 2xIR (pic1). Right channel is drived by 2xMullard (Pic2). So Right channel is a little stronger.

I have found this amp having so good sound field, transparent, clean. Type of music have played back with the best is jazz. It is good for 3 ranges. The midrange is a little weaker than other.

Is there anybody have experiences. let share with.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 47
Got one too

Hi guys, 've just put my hands on a nice unit that still has the original ( I guess ) RCA drivers. Quite nice and punchy sounding ! :music:Listened to some live jazz concert and left me totally deceived of my Sansui 6060. It got kicked out right away! I'm just curious about the power supply configuration; there are 3 TO3. I guess one is a voltage regulator and the 2 others are current supplyers ? Anybody has the schematics ?

Anyhow, I'm thinking of replacing the capacitors. I'f it is that punchy now, what will it be with new capacitors ???

Back
Top Bottom