wharedale Dovedale III / 3 's

Rake

wharfedale Dovedale III / 3 's

hi forum,

I just uncovered a lovely pair of dovedale 3's that my parents gave to me some years ago.

Having just bought some monitor audio s1's I wonder if these are keepers or not in the light of the S1's.

The dovedales have bass units on them in the order of 12 inches and I wonder if the little s1's can produce as much bass !

The question is whether the dove's could compliment the S1's or would they clash and hence be used in a different system ?

Would I be better off adding a subwoofer to the S1's or adding the Dales ?
Of course I only have a 2 channel quad 33/303 but I could wire them in line with the s1's if need be...

What do you guys think ?

need to see em'
(now the obligatory...)
:worthless
:D
I don't recognize the Name/Model but, I too would like to know more.

Bill

need to see em'
(now the obligatory...)
:worthless
:D
I don't recognize the Name/Model but, I too would like to know more.

Bill

Feelin your karma here Bill so some pic for you.

90c6_3.JPG

2480_3.JPG

These are not mine - I found them on ebay - picture - but they are the same as mine.

Dovedale III

Thanks.

Ron

Hi Ron,
All things considered I suggest you do a comparison and get back to us with your impressions. Those are some fine looking Dales' and you could perhaps shed a little light on to their performance. In doing so other members may come forward and share their experience as well.
I am a fan of Wharfedale and this has me very intrigued....:scratch2:

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

I took a pic of one of mine for you too as it is different.

Here you go -

Dovedale3.jpg

I am no expert audiophile but I will return once I audition them next to the S1's.

Thanks again.

Ron.

Very nice Ron....:yes:
I see you have the famous Wharfedale "purple tweeter thingy"....:D, and the recessed LF driver....nice.
I'm betting you have a very fine speaker system there...They are in great physical condition as well.
I look forward to your impressions.

Bill

Cheers Bill,

I cant wait to test them out.

My parents were not exactly party animals but my old man wanted the best of everyting andhe looked after them.

The quad amp is in for repair as it was left in the garage by my mother....oh dear.....

Quad should be back in action in the next week or so so as soon as its home, these babies are gonna get a spectrum of music they were never intended for !

speak soon.

ron.

Those are nice speakers - very smooth bass. I had a pair some time ago but ended up selling them so I'm bidding on some more on ebay as I type this. :D

Those are nice speakers - very smooth bass. I had a pair some time ago but ended up selling them so I'm bidding on some more on ebay as I type this. :D

I know the ones !

I supppose the hidden message is Keep them or regret it later.

decision made.

They are staying.

Question is is how to hook em up. With the S1's or on a switch separating them from the S1's.....

The FR is 30hz - 20khz so where am i gonna find 21 - 30 hz from ?

I have a pair of Dovedale 3s and they are the similar to yours, with the purple tweeter, but I think they have a different woofer. Very nice sound :)

Sell them.... to the attic. Get some flowers for your wife to distract her, and then in a while, (weeks, years, whatever it takes) you can "bring some new speakers home".

Dovedales love jazz

Don't do it.

Hey K! You do have some stuff! I appreciated the Yamaha styro! I have a pair as well, also their big brothers from a 60's Yamaha organ!! Yes I have a pair of Dovedales, excellent reproduction for most forms of music,(not loud rock) but don't remove the wires from the crossovers without taking a picture or labelling! Truly a nightmare with early Wharfdales! I repair speakers as a "hobby", or probably as justification for my obsession, something, I imagine, we share.....Will spkrwill

Back
Top Bottom