I just bought a set of DCM Time Frame 2000's

Brian44

I searched the forums here and only found one reference to the TF-2000's. Dr*Audio said they never made it to production. But I found a manual for them on DCM's website. It told me nothing. It was just a type-written 5 page manual about speaker placement, caring for them etc. So, I still really know nothing about them. I do know they're pretty much like the TF-1000's except they have two 8" woofers in them instead of one. Anyone got anything else on 'em? I'm afraid to even hook 'em up at home because I don't know the max. wattage for them. I won't be able to resist crankin' 'em up. :)
Brian

If I'm wrong here guy's chime in please! the few speakers I've had that could be over powered by the amp I was using let me know with unpleasant sounds that said back off a little buddy! If you keep the loudness off and the tone controls flat and don't just turn up to eleven like immediately,what amp are you using?

Craig

Well then...

:worthless

Well since I just got them an hour ago, I haven't found the time yet. They look just like the TF-1000's. Because of the "sock", you really can see the drivers anyway. But if you can help, I'll gladly snap a pic and post it. What exactly do you want a picture of, that would help you? Perhaps you just like looking at pictures of audio equipment?

This site is great in part because people add pix and information of unique and rare speakers so others can reference them etc. If you don't want to post pix that's fine I'll just keep staring at Cosmos' 250's :D

Well maybe I'm being alittle paranoid....

If I'm wrong here guy's chime in please! the few speakers I've had that could be over powered by the amp I was using let me know with unpleasant sounds that said back off a little buddy! If you keep the loudness off and the tone controls flat and don't just turn up to eleven like immediately,what amp are you using?

Craig

I've read enough on the TF-1000's that they're a nightmare to get to the drivers to replace them. If they can be had. I don't really know. My receiver is a Sansui 9090, I almost always run it flat on most music.

Ok, fine, I'll post some pics!

This site is great in part because people add pix and information of unique and rare speakers so others can reference them etc. If you don't want to post pix that's fine I'll just keep staring at Cosmos' 250's :D

Apparently you do like looking at pics of audio equipment :)
You're really not gonna like this next one: You live in Vancouver, WA, I live in Camas, WA. I bought these off the PDX Craigslist (NE Portland) for.....are you ready for this? $144 bucks. All the drivers work!
I'll go get the camera....

Forgiveness,Forgiveness,....Even if.. Even if....

Greetings, Brian44... We understand... you're a new guy. We DO like peektures....Naked, clothed, socks on or off...The visual data thus conveyed is invaluable in increasing the collective knowledge here in AK land.

So, bring 'em on....we just can't get enough....and by the way, Welcome!!!!!

Later.....willhowl:thmbsp:

PS Plenty of info here on the subject of undressing TF's.........even if......they're shy......Search Timeframes Socks....I know there's more,too......

Yes, I am new

Greetings, Brian44... We understand... you're a new guy. We DO like peektures....Naked, clothed, socks on or off...The visual data thus conveyed is invaluable in increasing the collective knowledge here in AK land.

So, bring 'em on....we just can't get enough....and by the way, Welcome!!!!!

Later.....willhowl:thmbsp:

PS Plenty of info here on the subject of undressing TF's.........even if......they're shy......Search Timeframes Socks....I know there's more,too......

Ugh. I can't seem to upload the pics. Maybe cuz I'm a n00b. Seems pretty straightforward, but it stalls. No progress on the taskbar, then the whole window just goes blank. I check to see if my attachments are there and they aren't. Man, I gotta go to bed, I have to get up early.
BTW, I'm not going to strip the socks off my speaks just so you guys can see a "nudie" :)

your pics are too big as evident by the stalling Brain44, reduce them to 900x900, easily done with Paint program on your computer.

bluebook says;

TF-2000: 1987, 1000watts, $2000/pr new!

Guess I wont have to worry about over-driving my speakers...

your pics are too big as evident by the stalling Brain44, reduce them to 900x900, easily done with Paint program on your computer.

Ok, I was in a big hurry 'cause I needed to go to bed. I'll fix it and upload right after this.

bluebook says;

TF-2000: 1987, 1000watts, $2000/pr new!
:jawdrop:-------------- :yikes:-------------:yippy:------------:banana:
Wow! A 1000watts I've never even heard of any speaker with that kind of rating, much less think I'd ever own one!
And they were $2000msrp? I've struck audio gold! I can't wait to here 'em (loud that is). They were checked out on a little receiver playing FM, just loud enough to verify all the drivers worked...

Yes you have they are very rare. Good luck with them.
Regards,
Jim

You're really not gonna like this next one: You live in Vancouver, WA, I live in Camas, WA. I bought these off the PDX Craigslist (NE Portland) for.....are you ready for this? $144 bucks.

Cool. I would not have bit anyway as I am full up on speakers right now. I sell some but others just show up. :scratch2:

And finally....the pictures!

Here's a couple of pictures I took last night. Not great, but I was tired and in a hurry. They've got the "Cat Scratch Fever" on one side of each. And smell like "cat" as well. Scuffed paint on the back, and one pushed in dust cover. Couple of small holes int the sock on the front. Think there supposed to have little "DCM" logo's on the upper right of the fronts. The TF-1000's do anyways. But otherwise in pretty darn good shape!
I'll take better pictures if AK needs them for archival purposes or whatever....

Attachments

• TF20001.jpg
    TF20001.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 428
  • TF20002.jpg
    TF20002.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 294
TF-2000s

I have a pair of the TF-600s, and would LOVE to have a pair of 2000s. If they sound better than mine, which they should, they would be awesome. It would take megabucks to come up with something better. What are the cabinet dimensions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Super score!!!! I am so jealous. If they are anything like my TF-400s they are mirror image speakers and it's important you have the correct speaker of the pair on the left and right side. They should sound amazing with a 9090, good stuff.

You guys do realize that, prior to today, the last reply in this thread was over a year ago? And the last time the OP posted on AK was in April of last year? I just don't want you to be disappointed if he doesn't respond here. ;)

I'll also toss out that I have yet to hear any TimeFrames, but I do love my TimeWindow 3's!

Dave

2 more pairs?

Hello gang,

I am on the way out the door to look at 2 pairs of the TF 2000s. That is right 2 pairs. Plus some Cornwalls.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom