Looking deseperatly for Technics SL-1350 automated stacking spindles

mgai7755

Hi,

I just bought a sl-1350 TT without knowing that this fully automatic changer turntable was quite special and I’m excited to get it restored in its original state…

Sadly enough, it wasn’t delivered with its 4 feet, nor the cover… and above all without the automated stacking spindles… What a shame ! :sigh: I was wondering if someone reading here could help me finding those parts…

Thanks if anybody can help.. And enjoy !

Matthieu, Belgium

Hi,

I just bought a sl-1350 TT without knowing that this fully automatic changer turntable was quite special and I’m excited to get it restored in its original state…

Sadly enough, it wasn’t delivered with its 4 feet, nor the cover… and above all without the automated stacking spindles… What a shame ! :sigh: I was wondering if someone reading here could help me finding those parts…

Thanks if anybody can help.. And enjoy !

Matthieu, Belgium

I have the SL-1350 as I bought it when it first came out. I wish you luck finding those spindles, unfortunately it's easier finding the turntable than it is finding the spindles especially the one to stack 45's.

You are not alone :) I have a nice SL1650 I got from a coworker that is missing its stacking spindle. I tried Kabusa but no luck; it's been several years, though.

Perusing eBay is probably the way to go.

I have a SL-1350 also that thankfully came with the spindle for stacking LPs. The 45 stacking spindle is ultra rare and all parts are basically unobtainable so far as I can tell. Your best bet may be to buy a complete second table and use one for parts.

Good luck.

By zaminick

Stacking records is sacrilrge, IMO.

I wouldn't call it sacrilege, but it is a good way to damage records. Instead of a stacker, there is something called a CD Player.
I have an SL 1350. Never had the stacking spindle. But I picked it up for fun early in my searching days. Best of luck with your spindle search.

Next up, Kind of Blue...

Technics_SL1350.jpg

...just kidding. :)

Thanks to all

Thanks to all of you for you encouragment and also making me salivate :pistols: ;)

I'm not sure wether it is a good way to destroy vynils or not (I remember having seen that when I was child and it seems to me that it was falling softly), but I'd like to restore it in a good shape, just for history's sake :)

Have fun with your beautiful 1350's !

Matthieu

actually and FWIW, I have the multiplay spindle for our 1650; we are lacking the single-play spindle. If they're identical between the 1350 and the 1650 (who knows??), and if you're really desperate, we could swap :)

Also FWIW, I don't think that stacking records is the most egregious sin one can commit...

The LP's outer rim and label surface are the contact points. A well designed changer will in no way adversely impact the record surface. Poor record handling, airborne dirt, and even contact with the platter mat are much worse.

Of course, with vintage RCA Dyna Flex LPs, it's a whole different matter. It's like holding up an uncooked pizza on a finger.

Here's One

I have one that I probably don't need.

I have the SL-1350 turntable too, and I'm thinking I should try and sell it along with other equipment (SAE 2200 power amp, SAE pre-amp, several tuners, etc.) that I really don't use.

- Peter

actually and FWIW, I have the multiplay spindle for our 1650; we are lacking the single-play spindle. If they're identical between the 1350 and the 1650 (who knows??), and if you're really desperate, we could swap :)

Thanks so much mhardy... If I ever find one I'll mp you :)

Also FWIW, I don't think that stacking records is the most egregious sin one can commit...

Indeed, I believe that Technics would never build such (high-end) TT if it were prone to destroy LPs...

Back
Top Bottom