• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Klipsch KSW 10 Subwoofer Won't Turn On!

robio80

New Member
I have a Klipsch KSW 10 subwoofer that’s behaving a little erratically lately. When I leave the woofer plugged in on and on the “Auto” setting, and pop in a movie, the LED on the front will turn green, but the woofer won't actually fire. I have it hooked up to my receiver’s LFE output, and the corresponding LFE input jack on the woofer. (It's been this way for years with no trouble, only recently have I had a problem) When I play a movie, it seems the only way I can get it to turn on is by unplugging the woofer, choosing a scene with an explosion, or some other low frequency sound, and plugging it in during the explosion. Royal pain for watching movies, ya know?

Just to be thorough, I tested this receiver with another subwoofer, and the other woofer turned on automatically every time, effectively ruling out a problem with the LFE jack on the receiver or the cable.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Is it an expensive fix?
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for the link. Seems to be a fairly common problem with these. There's a lot of feedback that the fuses blow every couple of years, and mine's about four years old. Based on the posts, I'm kinda surprised you haven't had a problem with your 12. I popped open the back, and sure enough the fuse looks shot. Radio Shack, here I come.
 
Back
Top Bottom