New Mc SACD piece!!

McGuy

The MCD500 SACD/CD PLAYER !!!

$6500 dollars of sheer heaven and also has 2 selectable digital inputs for use of outside digital sources like the MS750 or other device!!!

SHIPPING IN AUGUST!!!

WOW:banana::banana::music::music::thmbsp::thmbsp:

We need to see it!

The MCD500 SACD/CD PLAYER !!!

$6500 dollars of sheer heaven and also has 2 selectable digital inputs for use of outside digital sources like the MS750 or other device!!!

SHIPPING IN AUGUST!!!

WOW:banana::banana::music::music::thmbsp::thmbsp:

:worthless

Pete

Coolness. :)

So now we know and can sorta relax a little.:D Did you hear is it 2 or multi channel?

Carl

Introducing the MCD500 SACD/CD Player with Digital Inputs

The new McIntosh MCD500 SACD/CD Player combines exceptional sound quality and flexibility
with a unique parallel DAC topology that sees four 24-Bit, 192 KHz PCM/DSD digital to analog
converters per channel arranged in a differential balanced configuration. The data accuracy resulting
from this approach allows a more faithful reproduction of the analog waveform for very low noise and
distortion with the kind of transparency associated with a live musical performance. Additionally, all
internal clocks are generated by a phase-locked loop generator for stable, low jitter operation.

The sonic benefits of the MCD500 are not limited to
internal CD and SACD playback. Two selectable digital
inputs are provided for use with external digital sources
like the MS750 Music Server. Indeed, the MCD500 has
the potential to improve the sound of any 2-Channel
digital music source.

The drive mechanism features a die-cast, wrap-around chassis with a steel top cover to dampen
resonances for silent operation. A new, die-cast disc tray runs silently on a single steel bearing
providing an opulent look and feel to the operation of the player.
A premium linear power supply features an R-Core transformer and nested regulation.

The MCD500
analog stages employ a differential balanced topology for wide dynamic range and the best possible
fidelity. Both fixed and variable outputs are supported and a dedicated high-performance headphone
amplifier with ¼” jack is provided.

The MSRP of the new McIntosh MCD500 is $6,500 (U.S. & Canada). Initial shipments are scheduled

Although too expensive for my pocketbook I am real happy to see McIntosh supporting SACD in this day and age of Blue-Ray, very reassuring at a time when all I hear is that SACD is a dead format, perhaps very strong support from European and Japanese markets for Hi-Rez SACD is one of the reasons that SACD refuses to pass away.
I am primarily into classical where SACD is the format of choice.

Vahe

That's NOT what I was expecting or hoping for. What's the point of it only a few months after 301 and what's the difference between 'em? I mean there are gaping holes in Mac lines like an affordable fully balanced pre or new multi-chanel integrated and we get another SACD player?:no:

Digital inputs. Stroke of genius. Use it as a DAC for all sorts of things. Sonos for example. Hook up your low budget Blue Ray player to it.

I would really like to see some pictires. I'm a little disapointed as I'm not interested in a "player" right now. I'm sure others will find use with it. I just can't get away from lossless music formats on my PC. Gotten too lazy.

Curious to hear some official comments on its internal DAC vs the MDA1000.

jc

MCD500 is a good move. McIntosh needed a mid-range CDP/DAC. This hits two birds with one stone.

Anyone has pictures?

This is exactly what I was looking for. The unit is supposed to have 8 DAC's, so I am hoping the quality is "close" to the MDA. I can sell both my Esoteric and my external DAC and still keep the C-200 if I want too. This is less expensive than a Wadia and about $40k less than the MBL SACD and seperate DAC.

Curious to hear some official comments on its internal DAC vs the MDA1000.

jc

We'll have to hear it to judge it sonically, but on paper it does not have the MDA1000's 768 kHz with 24 bit resolution upsampling.

Even if I knew this ahead of my 2-days old purchase of the MDA1000, I would have still gone for the MDA - although it looks like a very tempting product.

Alberto

Mike, other companies do make anything like the MCD500. It is a very special single box CD-SACD-MP3 player/Balanced DAC/ Digital source preamp. The transport is a metal drawer corporate piece similar to the popular MCD301.

thanks,
Ron-C

Mike, other companies do make anything like the MCD500. It is a very special single box CD-SACD-MP3 player/Balanced DAC/ Digital source preamp. The transport is a metal drawer corporate piece similar to the popular MCD301.

thanks,
Ron-C

Ron, this really does sound special. When can we expect to see some pics.

Back
Top Bottom