cerwin vega A-2200

nickword

so hears my system. with my cerwin vega A-2200 power amplifier connected to it now.

Attachments

• S7002139.jpg
    S7002139.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 38
  • S7002141.jpg
    S7002141.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 46
  • S7002142.jpg
    S7002142.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 42
  • S7002149.jpg
    S7002149.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
  • S7002150.jpg
    S7002150.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 36
  • S7002173.jpg
    S7002173.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 28
speakers.

1.pair of AT 15's in custom box. box is 4 feet long 2 feet wide and 28 inches tall.
speakers sound way better in this box then there original cabinets
the box has a long portal hole on the left side. and has 2 8 inch speaker holes for 8 woofers and 2 horn tweeters right next 2 the 8 inch holes. i plan on adding a pair of cerwin vega At-8 woofers in there as soon as i find some. and cerwin vega horn tweeters.

2. cerwin vega D5 12 woofer in a PA box i found behind my work. this speakers hits really hard and the tweeter on it sounds real good. i put it right next to my door and closet haha.

3. my hize speakers suck 2 non name brand speakers i found i didnt want to take pics of them to ugly. but they sound pretty good and can last in high volumes.

i plan on getting them replaced with these speakers.
http://www.cerwinvega.com/VE5C.php
that will be my center.
http://www.cerwinvega.com/VE5M.php
and that pair will replace my 2 non name brand speakers.

SYSTEM.

1. ONKYO PREAMPLIFIER. P-3160
2.ONKYO POWER AMPLIFIER. M-5160
3.SHERWOOD EQUALIZER. EQ406B
4.CERWIN VEGA POWER AMP. A-2200

my onkyo preamplifier is running both power amps by using y adapters a grate idea givin to me by a member on audio karma. thank you very much cademan once againe.:)

so thats my system so far. so what you think do i got pretty good stuff for a 19 year old haha.

thank you all very much for your time and have a grate day. : )

Last edited:
NICE! :thmbsp: But I'm just a little curious! Don't you have two identical speakers for the left and right channels? :scratch2:
How are you running the Cerwin Vega A-2200 with speakers? Do you have a pair connected to the left and right outputs, or are you just using the one cabinet with the two 15's? Those 5 1/4 speakers you wanna get would probably sound nice, but I would go with at least 10inch woofers or bigger for your existing amplifier, and bridge to mono for your A-2200 for use with the cabinet that contains the two 15's.

cannl set up.

ughh. hmm il try to answer your ? the best i can haha.

well the preamp outputs are useing y adapters . on the left output with y adapters are connected to my cerwin vega power amp. and the right channel with the y adapter is plugd into the onkyo power amp.

my equalizer controles both channels. so i use the left side of my eq for bass which my cerwin vega is plugd into the left channel.
and then i use the right side of my eq to use for hize which my onkyo power amp is plugd into.

as you can see in the picture of the equalizer the left side of it only 2 levels are up which is bass. and all the others are down
and the right side of the equalizer all the levels are up for the hize side and a lil bass is up to.

so the cerwin vega is bass power amp and the onkyo is hize power amp. but i can change that just by moving the levels on each side of the eq haha.

in the back of the onkyo only 2 speaker channels are being uses the right ones. and the 2 left channels dont have nothing plugd in.
in the back of the cerwin vega power amp it can only plug in 2 speakers 1 15 each channels.

the box has 4 speaker channel plug ins. 2 for the 8 wooffers and 2 for the 15s. none for the tweeter horns tho.

so i plugd in the 2 15 channels to each channel in the back of the cerwin vega amp.

but both channels use bass since the whole cerwin vega amp is running of the left channel from the preamp which is controled with bass from the eq so it worked out good for me at the end no voice just pure clean bass. :)

and the right side dont have to much bass just clear sound of hize haha straight up sounds amazing. not to much bass not to much hize sounds perfect to me.

well i hope i answer'd your ? and if i didnt im sorry i tried my best haha thanks for your time and interest and have a grate day . : )

channel set up.

ughh. hmm il try to answer your ? the best i can haha.

well the preamp outputs are useing y adapters . on the left output with y adapters are connected to my cerwin vega power amp. and the right channel with the y adapter is plugd into the onkyo power amp.

my equalizer controles both channels. so i use the left side of my eq for bass which my cerwin vega is plugd into the left channel.
and then i use the right side of my eq to use for hize which my onkyo power amp is plugd into.

as you can see in the picture of the equalizer the left side of it only 2 levels are up which is bass. and all the others are down
and the right side of the equalizer all the levels are up for the hize side and a lil bass is up to.

so the cerwin vega is bass power amp and the onkyo is hize power amp. but i can change that just by moving the levels on each side of the eq haha.

in the back of the onkyo only 2 speaker channels are being uses the right ones. and the 2 left channels dont have nothing plugd in.
in the back of the cerwin vega power amp it can only plug in 2 speakers 1 15 each channels.

the box has 4 speaker channel plug ins. 2 for the 8 wooffers and 2 for the 15s. none for the tweeter horns tho.

so i plugd in the 2 15 channels to each channel in the back of the cerwin vega amp.

but both channels use bass since the whole cerwin vega amp is running of the left channel from the preamp which is controled with bass from the eq so it worked out good for me at the end no voice just pure clean bass. :)

and the right side dont have to much bass just clear sound of hize haha straight up sounds amazing. not to much bass not to much hize sounds perfect to me.

well i hope i answer'd your ? and if i didnt im sorry i tried my best haha thanks for your time and interest and have a grate day . : )

Well.........the way you described your hookup obviously works for you, but it seems that you don't have true stereo. You should have two identical speakers connected to the right and left speaker outputs (SPKR A) on your onkyo power amplifier, and the equalizers left and right settings should be identical. You should have the two 15inch woofers connected to your cerwin vega A-2200, to both the left and right speaker outputs, which you say you do, but most likely there is a built in crossover unit inside the two 15inch cabinet so no matter what kinda signal you are feeding them, they should only see 800hz and below. If you would like a general diagram of of a basic two amplifier set-up, just PM me!

hmm interesting

wowww grate information sure il take a diagram thanks a lot cademan, il have to show my uncle jim what you said he understands a lot better then me he's the 1 who helped me put my amp together going by what you said with the y adapters and stuff.

wow true streo huh i wonder how that must sound. il show my uncle thiis today and see what he has to say thanks a lot cademan once againe and ahve a grate day.

True stereo is the normal set up for most home stereo systems, but of course, you are the main listener of your set-up. The true stereo set-up is just a suggestion as from what I see in your pictures, you would get better efficency from your amps and speakers. Plus, if you're not already blown away with your set-up now, wait until you get it hooked up normally persay'.

hey thanks cademan for the advice on the true stereo me and my uncle did it and it sounds grate super good. i have a change to get a pair of cerwin vega U-351 HED speakers for 125 bucks. and was wondering if thos speakers would go good with my set up. well thanks for your time and have a grate day

Back
Top Bottom