Voice Of The Theatre!!!!!!

BK201

Horns!
A friend had to get rid of them, so he offered them to me.... FREE!!!

I didn't think twice before accepting them.

I'm gonna need some help with these, not sure if theres anything I need to worry about hooking them up, they read about 11 and 13 ohms DC impedance. Can my AU-717 drive them safely?

Preliminary pics...

More pics to follow....

Ugh.....horn tweeters. With that said, congrats-anything that is free is worth taking!! I have never been a fan of Altec Lansing, but to each their own I guess. Just make sure you keep them rockin! As for the impedence issue, it should say what it is on the back of the speaker. Let me know what it says!

Jason

As to the horn tweeter thing... I've never heard horns before, so this will be a first experiment. The horns are labeled 24 ohms, the XO box pictured has some voodoo goin on in it, Ill get some pics.

As you can see, they are way to big for my room :D

If the woofers are 515's, then your friend gave you a complete pair of A5's as the HF units look to be 288's on 803,804, or 805 horns .

Conservatively, an easy 2k worth there......................... a friend indeed.:yes:

The horns are 288C, haven't looked inside at the woofers yet. I can't get far enough away from them in my room for the horned to disperse, so they are a little harsh. Might have to drag them out to the back yard :scratch2:

One of the XO's isn't putting out a signal to the horn, so they aren't in perfect working order. They also came out of a dungeon of a basement.... so they've got stuff growing all over the bottoms and who knows what inside. :eek:

Holy Shit!!!.. Some people got ALL the luck.. Yep.. several thousand worth there.. Some DAMN FINE horns.. I'd just get an active crossover, about 4 mono tube amps, and GO TO TOWN!!!.. Sure would love to trade out my 511 horns for a pair of those.. Well.. I do really like my 902 drivers though..

You got a hell of a pair of speakers here.. Lucky Dude!!

Holy Shit!!!.. Some people got ALL the luck...
You got a hell of a pair of speakers here.. Lucky Dude!!

+1 on that! Wow -- you'd better be taking your buddy out for a rather nice night on the town, those are worth a bit of $$$. Do restore those, they look to be excellent Altecs. :thmbsp:

Found some info on my XO's, N-500-C dividing network
12 ohm input impedance, 250 watts power handling, 500Hz crossover, and 4 1-dB steps of attenuation on the HF horn.

One of them is not putting out a signal to the horn, still investigating.

Back
Top Bottom