Curve Junkie
Subscriber
Klh 17 - Seventeen

attachment.php

Attachments

• First Shot.jpg
    First Shot.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 3,520
We've discussed "Mini-Waves" a couple of times over in the E'Wave thread, and several members are working on them. In this case, the shallow cab is very much a limitation, and the 8" square JBL PT waveguide wouldn't fit except using an expensive neodymium driver.

This 18-Sound elliptical ($35 each, complete) JUST fits, and the sound of its Mylar diaphragm is deliciously smooth. It doesn't measure what the specs show, but that's common when we actually get down to using stuff:

http://www.eighteensound.com/index.aspx?mainMenu=view_product&pid=262

A compatible woofer is also a problem, but I was able to get JBL 116H-1 in there for testing. Still looking for other options; JBL 125/127A/H frame is too large, but LE10A/H will fit with minor cabinet mods. I'd like to check out some others before doing that and venting the cabs, tho. Something new from PE would be cool. The counterbore is 10.25". Cab is ~0.9 cuft, by my calcs.

I'm crossed at 2.5 kHz, active biamped with simple compensation and AutoEQ right now; the potential is clear.... :thmbsp:

Just remember to keep people with pacemakers and small children away from them when in use..... :D

I hope they sound good, how dare you marr the face of a perfectly good speaker~!:nono: Just kidding. I just picked a pair up that need work. I guess you can pretty much do anything with good boxes, hey it saves you time money and woodwork.:thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom