Fisher CA-800 Amplifier..

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Hi Audio Fans,

I stopped by the local GW today on the way home. They had the usual tape decks, high priced. I spotted a big heavy amp that I thought was a Fisher receiver, It was a CA-800 Integrated amp!:thmbsp:

Took it home testing now, Both channels work.:banana:

Needs some TLC.

Sounds pretty good so far.

Playing my old Cassettes.

Later,
John.:music:

Last edited:
That's actually a CA-880. It uses the amplifier blocks, STK-0080. I know the meters are labeled to 100, but it is actually rated at 80 WPC. The one I own works great and is a keepsake as the person who sold it to me, died of AIDS.

That's actually a CA-880. It uses the amplifier blocks, STK-0080. I know the meters are labeled to 100, but it is actually rated at 80 WPC. The one I own works great and is a keepsake as the person who sold it to me, died of AIDS.

Hi,

I just went by the Model # in the back. 80 wpc is way more than enough.

Bulbs are a pain to replace.

Later,

Last edited:
If not mistaken they had an 800 and an 880.

There should be an integerated sister to the BA-6000 in that series somewhere too.

My BA-6000 amp was built like a tank, just never had a decent pre-amp that sounded right with it. But for what you pay for it, the older Fisher can definitely be sleeper.

Hi,

I just went by the Model # in the back. 80 wpc is way more than enough.

Bulbs are a pain to replace.

Later,

My goodness, you are correct! It is the model 800. Mine is the 880! The only difference I can see is yours has the connectors for a tuner and tape deck that is powered from the amplifier itself. Mine does not have those connections. Sorry about that!

The CA-800 is 100 w/ch, RMS, at 0.09% THD.

And it's a very solid amp, indeed.:yes:

Thanks for the information, I am replacing the lamps now, 6.3v 150ma seem to work just fine. Had to put new bayonet sockets in.:scratch2:

Thanks,

My goodness, you are correct! It is the model 800. Mine is the 880! The only difference I can see is yours has the connectors for a tuner and tape deck that is powered from the amplifier itself. Mine does not have those connections. Sorry about that!

They had the tuner there too, i am waiting for the Saturday sale price on that.

Thanks,

Bulbs replaced and cleaned up a bit, the front looks nice now.

Thanks,

Last edited:
I worked on a CA-880 for a friend with the STK.s One was blown; simple repair along with the bias resistor for that channel. I didn;t care for the sterile sound quality but it did have ample power.

I worked on a CA-880 for a friend with the STK.s One was blown; simple repair along with the bias resistor for that channel. I didn;t care for the sterile sound quality but it did have ample power.

I also replaced one of my modules about 5 years back. Mine still cranks and sounds great but what do you mean by STERILE? I also use mine with a Fisher 10 band graphic equilizer with spectrum anylizer and a couple of Altec 15's.

In the brief time I auditioned it, it just didn't do it for me. Sounded rather uninspiring and not very musical. IIRC, I was testing it with some 'Ultralinear' brand 3-ways and a Sony CD changer from the early 90s. With a Pioneer SX-838 in its place, this system sounded quite nice.

Back
Top Bottom