9.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • PC5002M-2.jpg
    PC5002M-2.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 519
  • PC5002M.jpg
    PC5002M.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 603
Last edited by a moderator:
That thing is cool. I always loved the P2200's The fat torroid, the bad-assed meters. That thing is it's mutated, steroided cousin. As Borat would say:
"Nii--eeece".

No affiliation

[Link deleted pending move to VSS]

I already have a PC4002M or I'd look at this very serious.The guy said they were only available for a little while back in the early 90's and on this yamaha site it was produced back in '82 unless I missed something.My PC4002M weighs about 95lbs, I wonder what the PC5002M weighs in at?

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/chron_pa.php
As far as I know I'm buying it. I've talked to the seller several times and exchanged emails. Just waiting now for him to arrange shipping and get me the total cost.

The PC5002M weighs 134lbs. It is undoubtedly the finest pro amp Yamaha manufactured, although the PC4002M is no slouch when it comes to build & sound quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thats a monster!
After reading this thread I have a question relating to these amps. Being that these Yammie Pro PCX002M amps are all from the same line and produced at right around the same time. Would'nt they all have about the same build quality and sound? I ask because I may be buying two PC2002M. I want to use them as monoblocks 700 watt @ 8 ohms. And how do you connect a preamp to the quarter inch jack? RCA to 1/4" plug adaptor?

Like this?
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=091-1010

Wow thats a monster!
After reading this thread I have a question relating to these amps. Being that these Yammie Pro PCX002M amps are all from the same line and produced at right around the same time. Would'nt they all have about the same build quality and sound? I ask because I may be buying two PC2002M. I want to use them as monoblocks 700 watt @ 8 ohms. And how do you connect a preamp to the quarter inch jack? RCA to 1/4" plug adaptor?

Like this?

I use something just like that with a 2002M

as far as i know i'm buying it. I've talked to the seller several times and exchanged emails. Just waiting now for him to arrange shipping and get me the total cost.

The pc5002m weighs 134lbs. It is undoubtedly the finest pro amp yamaha manufactured, although the pc4002m is no slouch when it comes to build & sound quality.

go mark,go!!! :d

Wow thats a monster!

Like this?
The various PCx002M amplifiers have very little in common, although the PC2002M and PC5002M use the same output transisters (Sanken 2SC2608 and 2SA1117), 4 pair per channel in the PC2002M and 10 pair per channel in the PC5002M. Both were first manufactured in 1982. The PC4002M came out in 1989.

For my PC4002M I use interconnects terminated at one end with XLR connectors and at the other end with RCA's.

As far as I know I'm buying it. I've talked to the seller several times and exchanged emails. Just waiting now for him to arrange shipping and get me the total cost.

The PC5002M weighs 134lbs. It is undoubtedly the finest pro amp Yamaha manufactured, although the PC4002M is no slouch when it comes to build & sound quality.

Good to hear someone here is getting it.When you actually get your hands on it please post alot more pics and how it sounds.What speakers are you going to power with it??

I should of added, when Fed Ex shipped my PC4002M it was in a 4U road case they must of dropped it as the back panel was bent and I had to remove it and straighten it. If it was me I wouldn't have him ship it UPS nor Fed EX I would use Forward Air or other means but that's me and my experience shipping a heavy amp.There is a pic of the Fed EX damaged rear panel I posted here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=181222 it wouldn't let me post it again.

I should of added, when Fed Ex shipped my PC4002M it was in a 4U road case they must of dropped it as the back panel was bent and I had to remove it and straighten it. If it was me I wouldn't have him ship it UPS nor Fed EX I would use Forward Air or other means but that's me and my experience shipping a heavy amp.There is a pic of the Fed EX damaged rear panel I posted here http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=181222 it wouldn't let me post it again.

I don't recall where I read it, but I could swear I read something about UPS or FedEx "white glove" service.

If you insure something for like $5K, which doesn't really add all that much extra cost for a somewhat rare piece, they take extra special care of it in shipping. Sorta like hand carried through the system, instead of tossed on a conveyor belt. However, the weight of that amp packaged may push it over the limits for certain types of delivery.

Wish I could put my finger on where I saw that...

Sorry guys, I have heard lots of different Systems, and what the hell do you do with a 134 Pound Amp? :jawdrop:
I thought the B2 was efing heavy. Best of luck with it. :thmbsp:

I don't recall where I read it, but I could swear I read something about UPS or FedEx "white glove" service.

If you insure something for like $5K, which doesn't really add all that much extra cost for a somewhat rare piece, they take extra special care of it in shipping. Sorta like hand carried through the system, instead of tossed on a conveyor belt. However, the weight of that amp packaged may push it over the limits for certain types of delivery.

Wish I could put my finger on where I saw that...

I found it, it is Fed Ex. I'll bet that is expensive.I'd rather go Forward Air personally.
http://customcritical.fedex.com/us/customersupport/email/contactwg.shtml

Sorry guys, I have heard lots of different Systems, and what the hell do you do with a 134 Pound Amp? :jawdrop:
I thought the B2 was efing heavy. Best of luck with it. :thmbsp:

134 isn't that outrageous.

I've got a 105 lb'er, and Beemer's Levinson 33 monoblocks weigh roughly 400lbs each, afaik.

I'm guessing some of those big Macs ;) are up there too, as are a fair number of other big iron high-end amps.

Yamaha PC-5002M

Congrats Mark on another great Yamaha amp find. Re the comment as to what use there is for an amp of that size/weight/power I remember seeing a couple years ago someone selling a no holds barred JBL/Yamaha surround system. The seller had two JBL B460 (2245H/18") subwoofers powered by a pair of Yamaha PC-5002M amps. The rest of the surround system was all large 3/4 way JBL 43XX series speakers and Yamaha PC-200XM series amps. No doubt his home set up would of blown most mall cinema systems out of the water. I'm saveing my PC-4002M for the day I get a pair of JBL B380 (2235H/15") subwoofers.

Back
Top Bottom