• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of my new sony ES system, my little present to myself

rockin1150

Super Member
I picked up a Sony Ta-n700es with the matching 500es tuner and es tape deck for a easy $65, included pics, but all I can say about the amp is :thmbsp: blows the kenwood ht receiver away, like no comparison really, but I do miss the loudness function as the bass is a little thin... love the new system though. happy holidays! It will be a good christmas for me now!:smoke: :D:D:D:D

TVK LINK:

http://www.thevintageknob.org/SONY/sonyes/TAF700800ES/TAF700800ES.html
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
So much power and dynamic headroom! I wish I had known what these vintage sony amps could do... I would have shelled out a bunch had i heard one... cheers! :smoke:
 
Nice, I was wondering what series of nichicons they were.... I am really stoked because aside from cleaning the controls with tuner cleaner, the amp really performs, but now I have to wait until late tomorrow to listen again :tears: I am waiting like a kid again! I just wanna listen to my tunes! lol
 
Congrats on your new acquisistions, nice gear. I have several ES pieces including a 500ES Int Amp, 500 ES tuner and 3 ES cd players dating back to my ES7. I'm sure you will enjoy them. Rock solid performers, and tremendous values.
 
Nice stuff. Guess we'll see a new signature soon.

Here is that link in your edit:

http://www.audioscope.net/sony-taf-700-es-p-971.html

I wish I had known about AudioScope last winter. I sold a, ST-A7B tuner for $279 and I thought I did OK. It had 4 bad solder joints but they have one listed now for 1669 Euro. Oh, well.

I don't know why the bass would be light with it. I have one and it sounds fine. I had the EXT Adaptor jacks wired for Pre Out/Power Amp In.
 
Hardly any of the stuff at Audioscope seems to sell. I think they price their gear a tad too high, to put it mildly. Although all their stuff is checked and repaired when necessary, and you get the warranty...that's worth quite something on a vintage unit.
 
My TA-F6B has meter problems and when I called Sony last winter, she told me they had sold all of the old parts stock a few years ago, but since we were both online, she had me google the part number, and I found a place that had them, but they were $56 each. I'm going to try to repair the ones I have first. It sounds fine but the volume control was prone to getting dirty, even after using Cramolin on it, followed by lube and it's a royal PITA to take it apart that far. I used it for years and it must have lead a rough life because before I bought it, the circuit board next to the power supply had been repaired due to being broken. It was also the display piece at CES, but I doubt if that was a factor.

I did see the high prices- the ST-A7B is listed at $2399, which doesn't sound realistic.
 
The only thing that sux, is I think my denon sounds better...lol

EDIT: hell no, it was speaker placement, the denon really doesn't compare, but it aint apples to apples anyway...
 
Nice, the 700ES is a great int amp, would like to get a 730ES one day as my 530ES is lonely... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom