• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Funkafied Single Ended!

Kegger

R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017
Not sure how many have seen this amp, or the thread in DIY on the standard
build for this amp so I figure some links are in order, if you have questions for
the standard build I ask that you post them in it's thread.. Please!

Paralell Single Ended Ultra linear, 6LR8, DC coupled VA to Cathode Follower Drvr.

Here's the links to this particular amp.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2466013&postcount=564

And here is the main thread.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=163886

Then of'course a pic of the amp here..:smoke:
 

Attachments

  • 6LR8_top_961.jpg
    6LR8_top_961.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,815
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Hey Hey!

I believe it is one of the best I've done!
Very HIFI sounding, quiet as heck and a lot of punch!

Thanks for the interest. :thmbsp:
 
There's a 15A 5v filament tranny underneath so I can run pairs of pretty much any rectifier.

Those are Mullard GZ37's, :thmbsp:
 
There's a 15A 5v filament tranny underneath so I can run pairs of pretty much any rectifier.

Those are Mullard GZ37's, :thmbsp:

Do you have any 83s to try? Maybe it's just the glow, but I sort of like that one a bunch.
 
Thanks RC..

----------------

Jay yah I believe I have a couple 83's around here, the glow on them is pretty sweet
and they are an excelent working rectifier no doubt, I do like the slow warmup of the
GZ37 or the 5V4G's I normally run in here though.
 
Actually those are Hammond organ amp chokes I made brackets to stand up an painted
them so they look like outputs, hee hee. :) The outputs are Edcor open frame jobbies in
the base down below.
 
I think it needs more layers, maybe some columns on the side so you can have your own parthenon.

Not sure if I ever heard this one up and running but I know I've seen it. Nice idea with standing the hammonds up like that.
 
Oh I got yu Dave, just thought the Chokes for outputs was pretty cool. :)

I still have the Sansui, outputs could go back in if I find a use for an integrated.
 
Back
Top Bottom