Shure/Realistic R700E

I don't think it will work in a V15-II. I think it uses the narrower shank as with the III, IV and V.

Well it shure (lol) sounds nice. :D

I won an auction wherein I received one new Realistic R700E cartridge/stylus in box, and one V15 Type II body. I put the stylus on the Type II and mounted her up. I'm playing a newly acquired copy of Dire Straits' Communique and it sounds fantastic.

For what I paid for this pairing, it was probably a deal for the V15 body alone, considering that Ed Saunders has a replacement stylus at such a reasonable price--and many people regard it well.

Wish I could afford to enter JICO paradise...but not right now, way too many bigger priorities. This combination really sounds nice.

Okay, I want to make sure I understand you. You put the R700E stylus in a V15 Type II body and it works fine?

Well, oddly enough I prefer the V15 Type II / M75ED Type II Stylus combo to my AT 440ML OCC. The sound is more forward in the mids and has more of a naturalness to it.

It's probably just a system match thing. I'll put the 440 downstairs in the vintage Sansui system, which could use a little brightness.

Back
Top Bottom