Krell Equipment Good Price. Scam?

OR, a woman scorned..This could be a legit good deal.
Inquire about a local PU, and see if they flake.
tal

If you have that kind of money, you should be already in the car waiting for the word from the seller!

:cool:

If you have that kind of money, you should be already in the car waiting for the word from the seller!

:cool:

LOL.. it's only 3000 miles away : )

I would only feel comfortable spending that kind of money with an established ebay or audigon seller.

LOL.. it's only 3000 miles away : )

I would only feel comfortable spending that kind of money with an established ebay or audigon seller.
an experienced agoner or ebayer wouldn't be selling for this price; the trick is to beat these 'experienced' guys to the goods in circumstances like this..

I'm sure you could find an AK 'proxy' in that location to check it out in person and possibly even package it up and ship it properly.
If you are earnestly interested, and have dibbs on the gear... IF it were me, I'd start a new thread seeking NYC Audiokarma members to check out some high-end gear you want to buy..... promising that they could 'audition' it for a day or two while packing materials are gathered.:yes:

If it is meant to be your gear it will fall into place.
if not, well you can always buy it off agon or ebay later for more.
tal

It is a good packaged deal, but not the mother load. The Amp has been selling between $1000 to $1500 on its own and I’ve seen the Pre sell for under $600 and more recently just under $700.00. Definitely, the local pickup price is what makes these two attractive.

The New York address is a tad odd, but she could be a Jet Setter!

Regards,
TB

OR, a woman scorned..This could be a legit good deal.
Inquire about a local PU, and see if they flake.
tal

I sent an email asking if local audition and pickup would be possible. We'll see...

Just seems fishy the seller would live in NY and post in SF.

It's a scam for one reason....

Included in this auction : 1. A Krell KRC-3 preamplifier with remote, 2. A Krell KAV-250A power amplifier, & 3. A 1 meter pair of Kimber select KS-1120 balanced interconnect cables to connect the preamp to the amplifier. All 3 items are in mint condition.

Also note the ebay pictures with the telltale watermark in the corner. I would run away quickly.

It's a scam for one reason....

Included in this auction : 1. A Krell KRC-3 preamplifier with remote, 2. A Krell KAV-250A power amplifier, & 3. A 1 meter pair of Kimber select KS-1120 balanced interconnect cables to connect the preamp to the amplifier. All 3 items are in mint condition.

Also note the ebay pictures with the telltale watermark in the corner. I would run away quickly.

Yep, just did a quick completed listing search on ebay and found the exact same word for word ad. Sold yesterday for $2124 from a seller in Oklahoma.
What a low life.

Wow. Good catch. None of us noticed that!

But of course we were all likely skimming it (I know I was).

Nice catch, I guess we all should have looked into this further. Anyways when I was looking over the listing you found on eBay, these popped up all completed between the 14th & 17th from the same seller. Just seems sort of odd having so many duplicate listings for a KAV-250A purchased by different buyers.

The amp is priced separately at $3600

Hello Sir.Byrd,

No its just the eBay listing had price paid for each by seller.

Regaards,
TB

It is a good packaged deal, but not the mother load. The Amp has been selling between $1000 to $1500 on its own and I’ve seen the Pre sell for under $600 and more recently just under $700.00. Definitely, the local pickup price is what makes these two attractive.

The New York address is a tad odd, but she could be a Jet Setter!

Regards,
TB
KRC-3's usualy sell for $1200 to $1400. There's one that's a bargain on Audiogon at $1000. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $1200.

Please share the source of these super bargains with us.

On eBay, last was $687.77.

Regards,
TB
A seller always takes a risk with a no reserve auction that an item will sell for less than the average market value. I recently sold an item for $1.77 that as an experienced collector I had expected would go for $30 +. Lesson learned. I'm now setting reasonable reserves on everything that I sell.

Yes they do Mark, and every now and again deals like this materialize. I am in the process of building a dedicated HT in the basement and have plans to add a dedicated High End listening room as well. I have been following listings on Krell, Pass Labs, etcetera, etcetera for pieces of interest when I saw this listing. I had almost put a list minute bid in on it but think I am going the Pass Labs route with everything.

The seller knew it might go under market value as they referenced another that was listed at the same time with a BIN of $1900.00. It was started at $500.00 and mislabeled as a KRC3, which prevented it from showing up in a typical search for one of these. The one I saw sell for under $600.00 sold in December without a reserve.

Regards,
TB

Back
Top Bottom