Pendersen Amp & Tuna in Philco cabinet....

cooljjay

Well a fellow ak'er was nice enough to let me know about this and big thanks goes out to him for that. I didn't have enough money so I was going to pass, told my grandmother about it and she said she would loan me the dough...thanks for supporting my addiction :D lol...I went down today and don't you know I couldn't just get the components. I ended up dragging home the huge philco along with it. It is a gorgeous cabinet but to big and no original components to make me want to find room for it. Heres the photo's.

2cqfhpi.jpg

34rxhtk.jpg

2nar0v8.jpg

dunno much about wood other than most of it floats... but, them Pedersens look in decent shape! :thmbsp:

congrats on the console cooljay:thmbsp:i'm glad another aker gott it even though i wanted it badly myself:yes: make sure to give us a report once you have a good listen too it.

I was looking forward to pics of that huge Philco sticking out the trunk of cooljjay's Benz, but he forgot to snap one :) Must have turned a few heads on the 40-mile trip back down the freeway from Sacto to Vallejo :)

Love the book ended walnut, beauty!

Looks like Diablo in the wood grain under the Philco sign. Horns and all. :scratch2:

Cheers

Lar

um...wow! I take it that was NOT oem to the cabinet... or did philco make stereo cabinets for one to fill back then?

Nope it was a regular radio console but what I think happened, is it was going to cost to much to fix the original so they shoved this into the place of the philco tuner. Here what it was http://www.tubularradio.com/Philco41-616.html, I dunno if I could find a chassis to make it original again...better yet the place to but a 4'3" tall and wide cabinet...I already have one..

1764655646_6862a59090.jpg

1763797295_7fd57672c1.jpg

Ok, I found the cabinet a new home, a gentle men had the original chassis in rio vista, I took over to him last night, he was really happy. Took a photo of it in the trunk but the camera didn't record it. I just cleaned the pots in the tuner and fixed the power cord, brought it up slowly, sounds very good but the tuner is pulling in to much voltage, blows the dial lights out. listening to it now with my altec hooked up to it. That speaker loves 6L6's.

You think if I cut that out I could sell it for 10,000's of dollars on ebay like with the god toast :D

You probably could have, lol!

Great that you found it a good home, and for the original unit too!

Hard to let beautiful stuff like that go but at some point a person runs out of room.

Lar

You probably could have, lol!

Great that you found it a good home, and for the original unit too!

Hard to let beautiful stuff like that go but at some point a person runs out of room.

Lar

yep and you should have seen the size of that chassis, there isn't any way I could have ever had one shipped to me and it satay it one piece it was easily 2 ft long a foot wide and at least 1.5 foot high

Ok, I found the cabinet a new home, a gentle men had the original chassis in rio vista, I took over to him last night, he was really happy.

Good Karma :) Did you get your investment back on the cab alone?

Last edited:
Huh, there's one listed in Loomis that looks a lot like that one for $50, "needs repair".

Oh yeah? got a link? I seen one similar awhile back. I only got 95$ for the cabinet, I would have went lower because I wanted it out, to many things in here.

Oh yeah? got a link? I seen one similar awhile back. I only got 95$ for the cabinet, I would have went lower because I wanted it out, to many things in here.

Can't post links here, but search for "philco" under collectibles in sac. Slightly different layout, but very similar to yours. Nice looking unit, a whole lot smaller that the one you just bought and sold ;)

Can't post links here, but search for "philco" under collectibles in sac. Slightly different layout, but very similar to yours. Nice looking unit, a whole lot smaller that the one you just bought and sold ;)

Oh yeah boy thats much tinier, wish the one I picked up was that size. Still can believe I got that thing from sac to here then to rio vista and didn't do any damage to it...well I did brake a small section of trim on the side...but I was expecting serious damage special on the bumpy i-80 drive.

Back
Top Bottom