Struck gold at antique store - "Golden Dragon" that is...

myopia

I had a lucky find a few days ago at a local antique mall and picked up a VG+ copy of Golden Dragon's S/T LP, a privately pressed San Francisco release from 1981 for a few bucks. I recognized it from the Pokora book "4001 Record Collector Dreams" and it's rated a 5 star value in there, which means somewhere in the $750 to $1200 range. Hard rock trio from SF, with a Phillippino songwriter/leader.

I can't find any record though of any copies coming up for sale to know for sure, and the info on it is scant. Anybody here have a copy also? Know anything about this LP? Or about the band? Pic below.

GoldenDragonLPsm.jpg

That's one that (probably) won't come up in ebay. Over the years I have seen it in various dealer's set sales lists, usually in the $800-1,000 range for super clean examples. What I have not seen is the album's corresponding 12" and 7" singles.

Just noticed that the 12 inch you speak of is up on the bay, also the promo version of the album. (Not mine of course...)

I did write to that engineer, never got a reply. I did however hear back when I wrote to Hans Pokora, who wrote the Record Collector Dreams books, and he said the LP was most likely pressed in a quantity of 200 total. Who knows how many still exist.

Just noticed that the 12 inch you speak of is up on the bay, also the promo version of the album. (Not mine of course...)

...likely pressed in a quantity of 200 total. Who knows how many still exist.

Yep, that's it: Heavy psychedelic rock in a plain white cover. Assuming it's genuine & not some 'garage job' boot, looks like a winner. Condition might be an issue, in spite of the seller's VG/EXC label.

Nothing on Popsike, probably hadn't ever been auctioned until now.

It's a power trio doing hard rock original tunes, with some Hendrix influence, little bit metal, little bit psych, late 70s production sound. Deep Purple-ish

Will try to post a link to a track.

Back
Top Bottom