AK Member
It's Kenwood time. Let's see some pictures

My garage set up KA-3500 amp, KT-5500 tuner

Attachments

• DSC03762.JPG
    DSC03762.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 103
I've only got three Kenny's at the moment, but I really enjoy them all:

KD-500 'table with Infinity Black Widow 'arm.
attachment.php

KT-990D tuner.
attachment.php

My most recent addition: a KT-6007 tuner.
attachment.php

join the kenwood social group found under 'user cp'. actually kenwood owners association

Last edited:
My Kenny amps.

I love the KA-6000, I have the matching tuners for them also.

Attachments

• 08,17,08 008.jpg
    08,17,08 008.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 78
KA-6000i

Another Kenwood KA-6000 enthusiast. Here is one of my KA-6000.
KA-6000i-side.jpg

The KA-6000i in action:
KenwoodKA-6000.jpg

Inside look after the bankwidth extension modification:
C138C238gone.jpg

keyword: Kenwood6000

My kenwood Gear

Kenwood Basic C2
Kenwood Km-106
Kenwood Kt-593

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00116.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 31
KD-500 'table with Infinity Black Widow 'arm.
attachment.php

Tedrick, what's your impression of the Infinity BW TA? It's on my short list of TA's for a table project I've got underway. I've dug up quite a bit of specs on it, but would also like to have someones feedback that has one in operation. Nice looking table BTW, thanks.

Tedrick, what's your impression of the Infinity BW TA? It's on my short list of TA's for a table project I've got underway. I've dug up quite a bit of specs on it, but would also like to have someones feedback that has one in operation. Nice looking table BTW, thanks.
Thanks for the kind words. I quite like this 'arm, and it is a good match with the Kenny faux-marble 'table. As you will know from your research, this arm needs a high-compliance cartridge. As a result, other than the Audio Technica's, you're pretty well restricted to MM cartridges. I've used a Grado Reference Platinum and a NOS Adcom HC VdH Mk II (HOMC) with this arm so far. Both have sounded excellent and I've had zero tracking or sibilance issues. I have a Clearaudio Arum Beta Mk II that I've yet to mount on this arm that might be another good match.

Okay, it's nothing special to look at but it does sound pretty good. It's a KT-32 Tuner and is my cheapest piece of equipment ($20 NZ secondhand). Sorry about the crappy photo. BTW there is some fine looking Kenwood gear in this thread already! :yes:

Attachments

• Arcam 006.jpg
    Arcam 006.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 33
Another Kenwood KA-6000 enthusiast. Here is one of my KA-6000.
KA-6000i-side.jpg

Inside look after the bankwidth extension modification ...

No Kenwoods in the house now but my first real amp (about 1968 or 69) was a KA-6000 and the matching KT-7000 tuner. They're long gone.

Your pix bring backs some good memories.

I was a teenager then and tended to crank the volume and treble way up and blow tweeters all the time. Took it to a Mac clinic and was told it was oscillating at frequencies above the audible range. Does the bandwidth mod fix that?

I also had a KD500 table in the late seventies for a little while. I think it had a Grace arm, but I can't remember.

No Kenwoods in the house now but my first real amp (about 1968 or 69) was a KA-6000 and the matching KT-7000 tuner. They're long gone.

Your pix bring backs some good memories..
My first real amp and tuner were also a KA-6000 and KT-7000 purchased about 1969. I still have mine.:yes:

Took it to a Mac clinic and was told it was oscillating at frequencies above the audible range. Does the bandwidth mod fix that?
No, my modification extends the low frequency bandwidth. The only time I have seen any high frequency oscillation on a KA-6000 was with the failure of the resistor in the output compensation network.

Kenwood...KW-8077...RTR...I bought it new in 1971...everything works.
I'm new to this site and so far have not seen a lot of Kenwood RTR's.

Attachments

• SAM_0374.jpg
    SAM_0374.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 20
Back
Top Bottom