• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My new toy, a Dynaco PAS-4 tube preamp

salb203

Well-Known Member
My new acquisition, a Dynaco PAS-4 tube preamp

Well, my new toy from last week. Almost mint condition, sounds awesome, super clean inside with the original box. I am listening to it now as I write this. Here are a few photos. You might have seen this on another forum I posted on.

I also acquired a pair of Mark III's... :yes:

Regards,
Sal

pas4d.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Wow congratulations on the PAS-4:thmbsp::thmbsp:

It looks really nice and I am sure
it is making some very nice :music::music::music:

Thanks for the pictures:thmbsp:
 
I don't think I have ever seen a PAS-4. It looks newer than all the other dynaco stuff I have seen. Was this made in Dynaco's later years (80's and 90's)?

Congrats on the find though!!!
 
Thanks,
The Dynaco PAS-4 was manufactured by Panor in the mid 90's, made in U.S.A. Panor bought Dynaco I think sometime in the 80's and came out with a few nice tube audio including the Dynaco ST-70 II, PAS-4 and a tube CD player I forget the model number of.

Sal
 
I realize that this is an old thread. I have one of these to repair. Could you make some voltage measurements, AC and DC, for me?
 
"Blue Shadow" posts when he can either email or call. He has my home phone number.

I am going through and PMing anyone who has said that they own one of these.
 
Last edited:
Dave, if that is aimed at me, I need a transformer and the voltage readings. A new board won't help. But I will give him a call this week. Thanks.
 
I too have never seen a PAS 4. The MKIII should be fun to restore and use. Don't get carried away. Just redo the driver board, caps and connectors and enjoy!

Do you have some close ups of the PAS 4? What tube are used in that?

I see you're from Freehold. When I lived in NJ I the only good gear I found was at the recycle center in the 90's. Once the guys at the dump figured out how to ebay the stuff the game was over. Since I found nothing. Now I'm in Arizona and love it. NJ has a big storm on the horizon.
 
Back
Top Bottom