Jensen TF-3A restoration

Jailtime

Standin' on a corner
Here's my Jensen TF-3A speakers after the refinish. The first picture is before, there were some pretty deep scratches in the veneer on them. I sanded them down all the way to 400 grit paper. The finish is hand rubbed Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil, you can find it at a sporting goods store, or maybe Walmart. These cabs are beautiful, very thick veneer, and about half inch MDF, with another layer of half inch spruce inside the speaker. I also recapped the crossovers with Dayton 5% poly caps. They sound merely OK, sort of harsh highs and mids. I really like the woofer though.

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpg
    IMG_0280.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0286.jpg
    IMG_0286.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 177
Beautiful. These show up occasionally on the local CL, I've often wondered how they'd sound with my HH Scott amp. Have you tried them with a tube amp?

I've run them on my Fisher 800C, I liked them on a Marantz 2015 better. The highs and mids just seem all scrambled together, and vocals scream in your face. The highs were way too rolled off with the Fisher. The woofer sounds nice though, good effort for this early of a ported cab.

Back
Top Bottom