MX119 questions

eyedoc

Greetings all.
I been getting closer to upgrading my pre-amp and have been seeing great things about the MX119, but have a couple of questions first. Am I correct that there is no way to take advantage of HDTV without HDMI? Will it be able to process SACD audio? Reliability/parts availability issues? Yes, I know that I would do better with a factory fresh MX120, but not quite ready for that yet…
Thanks in advance,
Eyedoc.

I have a MX-119 and I really enjoy it. I do not run my DVD or BluRay video through it though. I have the video go straight out from the player to the display and I connect the analog outputs from the player to the MX-119 and set it to "external".

There are a number of threads about this.

Michael

Greetings all.
I been getting closer to upgrading my pre-amp and have been seeing great things about the MX119, but have a couple of questions first. Am I correct that there is no way to take advantage of HDTV without HDMI? Will it be able to process SACD audio? Reliability/parts availability issues? Yes, I know that I would do better with a factory fresh MX120, but not quite ready for that yet…
Thanks in advance,
Eyedoc.

You can receive HDTV quite satisfactorily via Component Cables. HDMI is NOT required.

I also have a MX119 which I bought for my wife and her movie club. I attached a few good amps and speakers to it and found that the two channel performance is lacking as are the dac's for cd playback.

MX119 has comparable performance to two channel McIntosh preamps when used in the two channel mode, stereo with a sub or external input modes. Internal DACs are 24 bit 192 and will be an upgrade to many source types.
The phono section is identical to the two channel preamps moving magnet input.
Set up and configuration options must be properly set to the other components used in the system.
When using two channel sources you may play them back in an expanded multi-channel mode using Dolby Pro Logic IIX, or DTS neo:6.

Thanks,
Ron-C

HD TV. HD-TV is broadcast over the air and comes in your antenna to your TV HD-receiver which will display the picture. You may chose to take the HD-TV sound out to your MX model which will require a digital cable from the digital audio output of the TV set to one of the digital ins on the MX. I use a 25 foot optical cable this way and it works fine so I never use the itsy bitsy speakers in my flat panel. This also allows the MX to decode multichannel on those shows which are in surround which is almost all of them on prime time.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom