motorola round dial console?

Thespeakerdude8

Trying to find a picture that I saw a while back of one of the Moto three channel consoles that had the SINGLE round dial tuner in it. Anyone?

try the moto console thread... that tuner was used in more than one of there models.
What exactly are you looking for, i have one and snap some pics this evening of what ever your looking for in particular

Just wanted to know if it was tubes or not, I'm going to look at one today, and wanted to know what amp I should expect so I know what to give for it.

I cannot say for sure... Chances are it will be a 3 channel tube amp (6v6"s), the cabinet may have one woofer towards the center and a assortment of tweeters and mids on both sides. The back should have a bunch of 3/4 - 1" holes, if you shine light through them you will most likey be able to see the tubes if present.

Thanks for the replies, I went and looked at it today. While the single speedometer like tuning dial was very neat looking, it was nothing special. I heard mention on another thread of motorola going to the trouble to do a stereo SE 50c5 amplifier with a summing transformer between them for the center channel, and that is what this one was. One 10" woofer and two 6" satellites.

I left it there as the asking price was way too much for a hot chassis console, but here's photos for you guys.
SANY0431.jpg

SANY0422.jpg

Nice - that's a cute looking unit. :thmbsp: Thanks for sharing.

I have a Motorola console pull but with two circular dials with 50EH5 output tubes.

Back
Top Bottom