"Single Brand System" anyone?

hifi_nut

Vintage? I´m vintage!
As some of you may know, my main multi-amped active system is composed of a lot of different pieces of different brands.

With my joining AK, and the subsequent dementia that followed, leading me to acquire ( some for free ) a few vintage pieces, I had this idea of assembling "Single Brand Systems", with the exception of speakers.

First one is almost completed. It comprises mostly Kenwood components, with the exception of the CD player which is still my trusted ol´Philips CDR-880. Other pieces are Kenwood KD-3070 TT, KA-8100 amp and KT-8300 Tuner. Speakers are Kef Carina II´s on DIY stands.

DSCF1167.jpg

I´m now on the look out for a silver Kenwood CDP, which ain´t gonna be easy.

I´m enjoying this revived "Single brand" way of doing things. Next up will be my childrens systems, namely one Sony and one Pioneer bedroom systems. All in due time.

Who else has "Single Brand Systems"?

not me not yet

I share your idea though. My current main systen is a nice Onkyo CD player (DX7500), Sherwood pre-amp, and Rotel amp. (With ADS speakers and Polk sub ! :sigh:)

I love the amp. Whenever I can do so I would like to get Rotel pre and one of their better CD players to make a single brand system.

Would like to do the same at some point with the Sherwood and the Onkyo. But Sherwood never had any really good cd players that I am aware of. I have a CDP-100 which retailed for $500 in the early 80's but that player is light, small, and the controls are slow to respond.

I tried to do all Technics but I had to incorporate my old mans Pioneer RG-1 he gave me. That and an old Pioneer CD changer I had.
The receiver, tape deck and turntable is Technics. :smoke:

I was going for this.
Tech1.jpg

Was like this for a while.
homeHiFi003.jpg

Now it looks like this.
DSCF1939.jpg

Now I just have to rearrange things and place the TT somewhere more stable or get a bigger audio stand.

Last edited:
Spec 1, Spec 2, CT-F1000, RG-1, SG-9500, PL-610, 2 pair of HPM-100 and one pair HPM-150. After I repaired/restored the Spec 2, goal was to put together a Spec system, tho i still need, but not in a hurry, the tuner and rtr.
Although, a pair of magnepan will actually be my main speakers once I get my room done and have more room and less wife....

I had a single brand system at one time, recently. All Rega...speakers, cd player, turntable and amp,

I've never been much of a fan of single brand system. Every manufacturer has things that they are good at building and not so good at building. So for me, I only pick and chose the best of whatever I can afford, regardless of manufacturer.

My system is mostly Yamaha, but not single brand. If I could get the right Yammie gear I would run single brand.

This would make a great system and be all Yamaha:

CX-10000 ~ preamp
MX-10000 ~ amplifier
CDX-10000 ~ CDP
CT-7000 ~ tuner
HX-10000 ~ phono stage
GT-2000x ~ turntable
MC-1x ~ moving coil phono cartridge
GF-1 ~ speakers

I'd trade my left nut for the Nakamichi rack system that Tower Boss has esp. once it has the TT. I've thought about putting together a Beosystem circa 1976 since I have the TOTL M70 speakers from that year.

I've got a veritable U.N. of a system! I bought most of my system one piece at a time and bought the best piece I could afford at that moment.

My main system is all Pioneer

Integrated Amp - SA-9500II
Turntable - PL-530
Tuner - TX-9500II
EQ - SG-9500
Tape - RT-909
Range Expander - RG-1
Reverb Amp - SR-303
Timer - DT-500
Speakers - HPM-100

(cd player sony cd recorder CDR-W33- used for recording 97.298347726349% of the time)

My system use to be predominantly sansui gear until the SP-2000 speakers were swamped for a pair of AR-9LSi's and the SP-100 were retired sounding to bright (still looking for a replacement). I'm also still looking for a Sansui Cassette Deck that can best my Pioneer CT-F 9191 (Something in the league of Pioneers CT-F1000) and a SR-313 or a SR-929/838 to replace the Marantz 6150. So I do hope to add more Sansui gear back into my system (just no their speakers). :D

As some of you may know, my main multi-amped active system is composed of a lot of different pieces of different brands.

With my joining AK, and the subsequent dementia that followed, leading me to acquire ( some for free ) a few vintage pieces, I had this idea of assembling "Single Brand Systems", with the exception of speakers.

First one is almost completed. It comprises mostly Kenwood components, with the exception of the CD player which is still my trusted ol´Philips CDR-880. Other pieces are Kenwood KD-3070 TT, KA-8100 amp and KT-8300 Tuner. Speakers are Kef Carina II´s on DIY stands.

DSCF1167.jpg

I´m now on the look out for a silver Kenwood CDP, which ain´t gonna be easy.

I´m enjoying this revived "Single brand" way of doing things. Next up will be my childrens systems, namely one Sony and one Pioneer bedroom systems. All in due time.

Who else has "Single Brand Systems"?

where did you get those record racks?

I'm very into all one brand systems, although I don't have any where absolutely everything is the same brand:

LR: McIntosh Amp, Preamp, CD player and tuner, but Martin Logan speakers and Revox reel to reel

Study: Nakamichi Amp, Preamp, CD, tuner and cassette (of course!), but North Creek speakers and Linn turntable

Video: Rotel Amp, Pre/processor, CD changer and tuner, but Oppo blu ray (I do have a Rotel DVD in storage), and North Creek speakers

I also have Logitech Squeezeboxes and LiTe DACs in the LR and Study systems, and a Squeezebox feeding the DAC in the Rotel Pre/processor in the Video system

Perhaps not as nice as some...but Marantz 110 tuner,3200 preamp,model 16 amp,and cannot remember the TT model at this moment. (Until the tube amp comes in for the cornerhorns.)

Back
Top Bottom