• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Onkyo Integra A-8067

Steve88

Active Member
Picked this Onkyo A-8067 up the other day. I looked it up beforehand, and everything I found indicated that it was a pretty decent integrated. 80 wpc RMS at 8 ohms and all kinds of inputs (see picture). So far I've just used it with a pair of Infinity SM-102 and it seems more neutral and maybe a little more detailed than my Marantz 2220b, and vocals and bass seem slightly more pronounced. I'm eager to try it with the DL8's, which are not at school with me.

I took it apart earlier today to clean and it looks pretty well built to me. All the pots and switches were really easy to get to, but some of the dust is a bit tougher to get at. While I was cleaning, the "record selector" switches on the right hand side fell off, but I found that there is a hole on the bottom of the knob with an allen screw deep inside that tightens against the switch shaft. I had never seen that before, so I thought that was interesting.

So far I'm really enjoying it...I'll have to keep an eye out for some other Onkyo gear, some of their vintage stuff is really sharp looking!
 

Attachments

  • 100_1291.jpg
    100_1291.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 100_1295.jpg
    100_1295.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 291
  • 100_1296.jpg
    100_1296.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 100_1298.jpg
    100_1298.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 225
Register to hide this ad
I really like my integra integrated amp. It's powerful (105 watts per ch. 8 ohms)well built, and 2 ohm stable. It sounds pretty good also, and beat out my sansui 9090 in a direct comparison, as far as most aspects of sound quality are concerned.
 
I've had good luck with my tx-65 and tx-88 receivers. I have found that they have an easy time creating synergy with most speakers. I think Integra got a lot of things 'right' in their pre and power amp sections. There isn't a lot to complain about :-).
RE: the infinity sm-102... If those are the 10" w/ the high output polycell I would figure out a way to get your DL8's ASAP. I think you'll find that the DL8's crush the infinity.
Happy Listening!
 
I have the A-8087 and the matching tuner, the T-4087. They are both well made and great sounding! You have a nice amp there!
 
I'll have to keep my eye out for a good tuner that more or less matches, but for now the 2220b's tuner connected through the tape outs should work just fine, I think.

@Uhills...The DL8s are at home in the main setup, the Infinity's are my dorm room speakers. You're right, it's not hard to hear which of the two is better. I'm going to try modding the SM102's this summer like I read somewhere on AK.
 
Back
Top Bottom